Volendam 12/06 -12/16 Are You Home Safely?

Sage

For all those CC's that were on the Volendam 12/06 sailing, I hope that you had a safe journey home. I enjoyed meeting you, and I hope that you too had a wonderful sailing. Allen and Margarita, how much snow did you find? :eek:

I made it home -- with a cold. My doggies were glad to see me. And I had 133 e-mails waiting for me, only seven of which were of any consequence. Had a great time, enjoyed meeting everyone!

Okay, I am sitting here at my desk and the floor still seems to me moving up and down, as if I am still at sea???????????

We were dropped off at our car in the Park n Fly lot around 9:30 p.m. last night. There was about 8 inches of snow and ice on our car, but we were able to clear it off and get home by 10:00.

Good thing that Margarita is off today - the cats won't leave her alone!!

It was GREAT to meet every one of the CCers on the cruise and we look forward to seeing you again on another cruise --- hopefully sooner than later!!

And of course, if anyone gets tired of the sun and would like to enjoy a winter vacation or skate / stroll along the world's longest outdoor skating rink (3.2 miles long), let us know. We have an extra room and enjoy entertaining.

Safe travels to all!

Allen (and Margarita)

Sage, it was really a pleasure to meet you and all the other CC'ers on this cruise.

We were in the first group to debark and after leaving the ship had luggage in hand well before 9:00 A.M. We grabbed a cab and headed back to Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport where I had left the plane. We were airborne before 10:00 and landed back here in Atlanta before 1:00. We had great flying weather and a tailwind all the way home. Now we are coping with that dreaded post cruise withdrawal syndrome.

Already went on the internet and did some shopping for our next cruise. The War Department asked when I would like to go again. My reply was "no later than January 15th". That probably won't happen but we are looking forward to the next HAL cruise.

Until next time everyone have a safe and happy set of holidays.

Kathryn, Allen, Pilot70D,

I'm glad to hear that you all made it home safely. We too were in the first group off and left Allen and Margarita to enjoy the PS until their number was called. We would have been on the turnpike by 9:30 had it not been that our rental car had not been returned yet. They made it up to us and gave us an Excursion instead of an Expedition, and we were on our way by 10am. Again, I'm so glad that I had the chance to meet all of you. Allen, the trivia was great, and next time we will have our team in place early.:D

Sage,

It was great of you to let us use your PS . We were called in the next group after yours. And..... I left my iQue in the suite!!!! I have sent an e-mail to HAL and hopefully they will find/return it to me.

So are you going to post the recipe for the chocolate volcano???

M and A

Allen,

I'm so sorry that you left your iQue in the suite. I will e mail the Concierge tonight and see if our cabin steward found it for you and more importantly, what they did with it. I will let you know what I find out.

Yes, I do have the volcano cake recipe.:D :D :D I will be posting it tomorrow as soon as I finish unpacking (yes, I still have not unpacked fully, sorry):( .

Heather,

We did have a rental car, but we rented it ahead of time. Some other passengers boarded the Hertz bus with us and were able to rent a car. Most of the rental agencies have the buses that pick up passengers, and they post on the bus window if they have cars available. Also if you are in a Suite, the Concierge will be happy to make arrangements for you.

Sage, that's just so great to think about. When we go on our Panama Canal cruise (LA to Ft Lauderdale) we were going to drive and park at the airport for 2 weeks. But now I'm thinking a one way rental to the airport and then a one way rental from the pier when we arrive would be good.

Thanks for the idea!!!! And I'm waiting PATIENTLY for the Volcano Cake recipe ... on pins and needles!!! ... so excited. I LOVE THAT CAKE:D

Sage, Allen & Margarita & All.........Guess I'm slower than all of you getting back to this computer. We arrived home about 2pm, no problems. So enjoyed meeting all of you. A & M are you using any of your new "spices" yet? You both made are day in Dominica enjoyable...Thanks. Back to reality now!

Sage,

Thanks for everything!!! including e-mailing your concierge. I haven't heard anything back from HAL yet about the iQue, but then it is the weekend.

Also, we must say how much we enjoyed our time with you and your family! We are slowly getting back to a normal pace and will e-mail the pictures we have of you and your family as soon as I can get to it.

FlyBoy,

Yes, I made some "tea" with the "spices" we bought in Dominica. Can't say it made any "difference". My curiousity always gets the best of me! In any case, I will try just about anything at least once.

We certainly enjoyed our interactions with you both and hopefully will cruise with you again, or even see you up here in the "great white north".

Here in the snow can cold (going down to minus 10 F tonight without the windchill), it is difficult to believe we were snorkelling in the Caribbean ocean just 4 days ago! Oh well, we will be doing it once again soon enough.

Hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season!!

We will toast you all on Christmas eve.

Allen and Margarita

Archived