electrical outlets on Sea Princess

goat rancher

I was reading on another thread that the outlets on Sea Princess are configured for UK travelers....

Does that mean that if we bring a camera that needs batteries charged, that we need to bring a "universal adapter" ?....

Having never been to UK or Europe, I don't have a clue to how the electrical devices differ..

Just be careful which one you use. Our table mates blew their IPOD and GPS on the Sea Princess. I'm thinking they used the wrong plug !

They must have brought along adaptors as you can't plug a 110 appliance accidentally into a 220 UK plug in. :eek:

If you are using european adapters, you need to check your charger or power supply to make sure it is rated for both 120 & 240 volts then there would be no problem. Some US chargers and power supplies are for 120 only and if you tried to use them on 240 you would toast them.

Alan

Don't forget to bring along a power strip. I'm sure you'll be needing to charge more than one item at a time. Between my digital reader, laptop, camera, I pretty much have my power strip filled up.

Archived