Booking Monarch by Phone/Next Cruise - A Few Questions

Today or tomorrow I will be booking a family cruise (three cabins) on Monarch. I have always booked on line in the past, because we only needed one cabin. I will have to call RCCL to get three cabins close together.

Questions:

1) What information do I need to book everyone (just full names and birthdays)?

2) What is the per person deposit on a four day cruise?

3) We paid a Next Cruise deposit on our last cruise. I assume I can use the Friend and Family certificates for OBC for the kids' two cabins?

4) if we use NC and F&F and have to cancel before the penalty period, do we lose anything?

I think booking over the phone is MUCH easier than online! Just tell them what you want, and they will ask for the info they need. (I don't recall needing birth dates to book!)

The deposit is the same whether you book online or by phone--whatever it is for your length of cruise.

They can answer about the cancellation questions---I've never cancelled a cruise, so I don't know about that!

The RCI rep will ask for all the necessary information. Make sure you have your C&A number(s) available.

Deposits are as follows: (your initial NC deposit will be deducted and you will just have to pay the balance).

Up to 5 nights - $100 per person

6-9 nights - $250 per person

10+ nights - $450 per person

Yes you can use your Friends & Family Certificates and the OBC will be assigned to each cabin. Make sure that you specify the NC booking number and that you have the Certs for F&F when making your reservation. The OBC per cabin breakdown is

$ 50 for 3-5 night sailings

$100 for 6-9 night sailings

$200 for 10+ night sailings

If you have to cancel your cruises for any reason, you will lose the OBC that comes along with the NC booking as well as the F&F Certs.

Please be aware that as of January 1, 2009, you are allowed only one benefit per cabin...........just in case you may be entitled to more.

Archived