Unreal

gregpete

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/06/22/what-not-to-wear/#more-9521

Now I have been reading his blog for sometime, I just never really saw the questions. So today I decided that I would look at the questions that were on there. I found this one:

Tracy Fisher Asked:

I had taken your cruise line for the first time NOT as a cruise group tour agent but for a personal tour that knew I could sell out if it were true last Dec. to the Panama Canal. Needless to say it was a horrible (to say the least) experience and I SWORE I would NEVER use your cruise line again. I was sent a certificate for I think 30 – 40 % off a cruise in lieu of compensation and have lost it. If you could produce another certificate (Quickly) for me I would consider another cruise with you cruise line, between my family and myself all being retired (almost) recently and coming into some money we travel extensively by cruise ship. What I am saying in short is that there is a cruise I am interested in that you offer for next month (July 2009) that I am interested in taking with a couple of my grandchildren and would give your cruise line another chance. However, the higher ups are choosing not to respond to my letter so if you can work some magic and have them make me another deal or give me some kind of compensation then I am still interested in trying your cruise line one more time. I take probably close to (35 cruises approximately) per year and would like to spread the wealth before taking all our business elsewhere. We also prefer suites if and/or when you have them available. Thank you.

Tracy Fisher

John Says:

Hello Tracy

I was sorry to read that you had such a bad experience the last time you sailed. I know that sometimes corporations start their letters with similar sentences and they can seem a little impersonal. However, I promise you that we truly are sorry that your Carnival experience was not as you would have wished and that why it’s important that we show you that today’s Carnival provides the most affordable value for money fun and relaxation you can possibly have on vacation.

I am going to send this to someone at vice president level who will make sure that you are contacted forthwith and then once they have please feel free to write to me again should you wish my help in choosing a ship and or itinerary.

hank you in advance for giving us another chance and we will all do our very best to make sure this time you have a brilliant time

Best wishes

John

I think that it took a lot of nerve to ask a cruise director this question!!

LOL Why? They most likely learned that here.. Everyone runs to John (CD) for their issues.. He is a cruise director!.. Yes wildly popular.. but I think the only reason he is able to help is to avoid bad press on his blog.. I think he is taken advantage of that way...

:)

All I can say is WOW!!?? I can't believe someone would expect them to replace a certificate she lost (and to also note quickly). Seems like a horribly posted question also. She definately could have worded it much better than she did.

I think I'm gonna try that at the supermarket ...

"I had a coupon for 50% off this filet mignon, but I lost it. Can you make me another coupon, or better yet, work a deal with your meat supplier so I can pick the choicest cuts ... that you're still giving me a discount on ..."

k, I work in retail, and this is the typical mentality I deal with daily.

People buy product or Don't buy product for this and that reason and if you don't bend over backwards to help them, then they contact corporate office and complain and expect something. Heck, I've even been drug into it by thinking they do it to me...

Now, the gall of the person to say, hey I lost my certificate, but I still blame you and expect you do take care of me quickly is ridiculous. Sorry, but the consumer has a responsibility as well.

At the cost of sounding like a horrible stereotype instead of an ironic piece of pop culture from a by-gone era, "No tickey, no shirty!"

YEP

And it the question were posed:

I am sorry .. A while back I had a questionable experience and CCL was kind enough to extend a discount coupon or # to me.. but unfortunately I lost that number.. I may be going out on a limb, but would love to utilize that discount.. Do you think You or Carnival can help me? I know its a bit of a steel nerve to ask, since I did lose it... but I really want to try Carnival again...

If she had written something like that.. a bit more humble... I dont think anyone would have thought twice... :)

I take probably close to (35 cruises approximately) per year and would like to spread the wealth before taking all our business elsewhere. We also prefer suites if and/or when you have them available.

Someone please get this person a 40% off coupon for a suite...Carnival really needs the money;)

YEP

And it the question were posed:

I am sorry .. A while back I had a questionable experience and CCL was kind enough to extend a discount coupon or # to me.. but unfortunately I lost that number.. I may be going out on a limb, but would love to utilize that discount.. Do you think You or Carnival can help me? I know its a bit of a steel nerve to ask, since I did lose it... but I really want to try Carnival again...

If she had written something like that.. a bit more humble... I dont think anyone would have thought twice... :)

I think you are right on. I know John does a lot of things for people, but I bet deep down inside he think this person has huge b---s. I would NEVER do anything for someone that wrote the letter he/she did. It's almost a threat in addition. I hope Carnival won't replace it, but I bet they will and she will get the money off and then say again how much she hates Carnival.

wow she got a certificate for 30% to 40% off?? thats boggling my mind. My PVP said they rarely give 15% off which is about the top she has seen.

If she was indeed sent a certificate for that much off (doesnt sound right, maybe off retail), Im sure it has a tracking # and Carnival can replace it if they have the cruise booking # that she complained about. That is a huge discount. Wonder why the person discarded it in the first place.

wow she got a certificate for 30% to 40% off?? thats boggling my mind. My PVP said they rarely give 15% off which is about the top she has seen.

Hey send me one too.

I got that after my first cruise... dont go by the pvp.. they know almost nothing...

LOL Why? They most likely learned that here.. Everyone runs to John (CD) for their issues.. He is a cruise director!.. Yes wildly popular.. but I think the only reason he is able to help is to avoid bad press on his blog.. I think he is taken advantage of that way...

agree 100%. I enjoy reading John's Blog, but usually skip over the Q&A because I think "Why are they bothering John with this?"

At the cost of sounding like a horrible stereotype instead of an ironic piece of pop culture from a by-gone era, "No tickey, no shirty!"

Love this quote....my parents used to own a dry cleaning bussiness and we would laugh around the store and say that when dumb ass customers like this one would come in and expect us to pull a miracle out of our A--.

What an idiot! I love how she says she would never cruise Carnival again, then she is willing to give them one more chance, then she feels like she should share her wealth along with the other 35 cruises.

I would have wrote back...Sorry that your exsperience didnt go well, however we dont keep track of nut cases who loose there certificates.

Oh by the way, we appreciate that you have given it plenty of thought and want to give us a chance to kiss your A-- and provide you with BIG discounts to journey with us one more time however, after much thought on our side we would prefer that you continue to spread the wealth with our competitors and book cruise #36 with someone else. Its been a pleasure NOT doing bussiness with you. Best regards, Carnival

Dear John, I have lost my under ware on the Carnival XXXXX ship .

Some how or another after visiting the lido bars and ending up in the piano bar. I slightly remember going to my room, well I think it was my room.

Please be urgent with this ,as I need them STAT and am now on the verge of becoming a stowaway.

And if you happen to see my wife, tell I am sorry and I miss her.

Seems I had a bit to much fun on your fun ship.

:D MR GoodBar

Dear over zealous idiot,

The last time I checked, I don't live under your slighty deranged rule of everyone owing you, so I will talk freely.

Even though our business tries to please all, we realize the possibility of pleasing every customer is about the same possibility of pushing an elephant through the eye of a pin. So we will put you in the catagory of wanting everything, just because you are you, and will gladly tell you at this point to please go have sexual intercourse with yourself.

If you care to travel with us again, we will kindly ask that you use a different name when you book. If you use the name you have already given us, we will have guards on duty to deny your boarding.

Have a great day, and we highly recommend you contact our competitors, so that they can suffer some misery also.

Have a wonderful day A**HOLE!!!:p

Love this quote....my parents used to own a dry cleaning bussiness and we would laugh around the store and say that when dumb ass customers like this one would come in and expect us to pull a miracle out of our A--.

What an idiot! I love how she says she would never cruise Carnival again, then she is willing to give them one more chance, then she feels like she should share her wealth along with the other 35 cruises.

I would have wrote back...Sorry that your exsperience didnt go well, however we dont keep track of nut cases who loose there certificates.

Oh by the way, we appreciate that you have given it plenty of thought and want to give us a chance to kiss your A-- and provide you with BIG discounts to journey with us one more time however, after much thought on our side we would prefer that you continue to spread the wealth with our competitors and book cruise #36 with someone else. Its been a pleasure NOT doing bussiness with you. Best regards, Carnival

Don't work much customer service, huh?

BTW, it looks like the whole Carnival PR department is posting here today. ;)

Save your flames I know the person in question caused all of you to feel this way.

Dear over zealous idiot,

The last time I checked, I don't live under your slighty deranged rule of everyone owing you, so I will talk freely.

Even though our business tries to please all, we realize the possibility of pleasing every customer is about the same possibility of pushing an elephant through the eye of a pin. So we will put you in the catagory of wanting everything, just because you are you, and will gladly tell you at this point to please go have sexual intercourse with yourself.

If you care to travel with us again, we will kindly ask that you use a different name when you book. If you use the name you have already given us, we will have guards on duty to deny your boarding.

Have a great day, and we highly recommend you contact our competitors, so that they can suffer some misery also.

Have a wonderful day A**HOLE!!!:p

I like that letter I think that should be the standard reply to customers who are total JERKS!!!

I guess when you have come into as much money as the OP has, you can afford to go on 2.92 cruises a month LOL!;)

NO offense to those who really do cruise this many times a year:)

And yet they needed a discount on Carnival....:rolleyes::p

I couldn't belive this woman's comments when I read it the first time on John's blog. The gall of some people. John is popular and knows his business, He's got the knack of knowing how to diffuse people when they're upset. Whether or not there is resolution to his offerings of help, I don't know...I would never ask and I agree folks take advantage of his visibility with the cruise line. Sometimes I don't like reading the Q & A as is seems most people are asking for freebies......:eek:

Archived