Evening shows on the crown

cmh

Can someone please let me know if there are one or two shows on the Crown in the evening. I have a friend who was recently on a Princess cruise to Alaska and she said they only had one show in the main showroom a night. It was very crowded and made the dining rooms very crowded since everyone was trying to eat and get to the show on time.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Can someone please let me know if there are one or two shows on the Crown in the evening. I have a friend who was recently on a Princess cruise to Alaska and she said they only had one show in the main showroom a night. It was very crowded and made the dining rooms very crowded since everyone was trying to eat and get to the show on time.

Thanks!

Carolyn

It depends on the show but usually 2 times a night (IE: 8p and 10P) on show nights for early/late dinner seating. :)

On our last Sapphire cruise [April] we noticed that the show times we're changing. I can't be exact but it seemed that they were repeating the shows on different nights [for folks who had missed them.]

I seem to recall two performances each evening, so that's not different.

Many people were upset about the repeat and not having new shows. And, switching the times of performances to make sure that everyone had a chance to see them only seemed to cause more confusion.

For the Grand and Gem class ships, PPrincess has gone to having (in the Princess Theater) two performances of a show one night and a single performance of the same show the next night. Since the Princess Theater only holds about 25% of the passengers, having three performances gives more people a chance to see it.

Similarly, acts in the smaller Explorer's Lounge often had five performances over two nights.

Note: Some shows may only be held twice in the Princess Theater, and some shows (passenger or crew talent show for example) may only be held one time.

As someone else mentioned they present the production shows twice on the first evening and once more the following evening to let those who missed it have an opportunity. This had to be done because the ships are getting much to large to have everyone see them if only offered twice and it also saves Princess from paying for additional entertainment on that following evening.

As far as getting a seat, if you dine at the anytime seating & eat early, you shouldn't have any problem finding a seat since you'll have up to a 30 minute advantage over those in TD. The people in TD who leave the table 15 minutes before showtime are the ones who might mot be able to be seated. (for the first show)

For the Grand and Gem class ships, PPrincess has gone to having (in the Princess Theater) two performances of a show one night and a single performance of the same show the next night. Since the Princess Theater only holds about 25% of the passengers, having three performances gives more people a chance to see it.

Similarly, acts in the smaller Explorer's Lounge often had five performances over two nights.

Note: Some shows may only be held twice in the Princess Theater, and some shows (passenger or crew talent show for example) may only be held one time.

I'm not fond of this change......Explorer's Lounge does not hold many folks. And, if you don't arrive at least a half hour before, you'll never find a seat. People were standing in the hallway [outside the lounge] blocking the walkway, just to see a vision of the entertainment!

I'm not fond of this change......Explorer's Lounge does not hold many folks. And, if you don't arrive at least a half hour before, you'll never find a seat. People were standing in the hallway [outside the lounge] blocking the walkway, just to see a vision of the entertainment!

Or if you get there late you'll be forced to sit towards the smoking section side & have to put up with the cigarette smoke during the show. :mad:

This change was to have 5 or 6 performances over two nights there instead of just 2 or 3 performances on only one night. Having twice as many performances does not cause this spillover crowd.

Archived