carnival spirt suite which one

g'day

Have just booked carnival spirit Jan 2010 with a suite cat 11. Never sailing on carnival before they have given me a rear suite 5293 (one of four on the deck) it looks a bit larger on the deck plan than the normal suites on empress deck.

I have booked this on line from Australia as it is far cheaper than booking in aus but finding it difficult to communicate with the online booking company so I am sure someone may be able to give some advice whether or not this cabin a good option over the Suites on Empress deck.

thanks

Here is some basic information for you. I extracted it from the cruisedeckplans website:

Cabin 5293 (11 VER2) 275/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: 5289

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; hair dryer; minibar; shower/tub/whirlpool;

2-large closets; dressing area; sitting area consisting of a sofa, armchair and coffee table.

Ocean View Balcony Suite

Category 11

4226 4235 5264 52936154 6156 6157 6158 6160 6162 6164 6166 6167 6168 6170 6172 6173

6174 6175 6176 6181 6183 6185 6189 6195 6197 6203 6258 6327 7296 7345 8266 8271

• Stateroom dimension: 275 square feet
  • Balcony dimension: 85 square feet; Note: 40 square feet (4226 and 4235)
  • Television with remote control
  • Audio/Video Input plate: for guests to connect and view their DVD/Video source through the TV.
  • Minibar
  • Bathroom: combination shower/whirlpool/bathtub; 2 sinks
  • Hair dryer
  • Separate sitting area: sofa; armchair chair; coffee table
  • Twin beds convert to a king
  • Wall safe
  • Pillow Menu (see below)
  • Large closet(s)
  • Dressing area: vanity table; chair
  • Balcony: 3 patio chairs and a table; Note: 2 patio chairs and a table (4226 and 4235).

EMPRESS DECK INFORMATION:

Use this link to view information:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/fleet/spirit/cabin_description/empress.htm

Hope this helps to answer some of your questions.

We will be on the Verandah Deck in a Cat 11 Aft Wrap suite on the Spirit in Nov 09. From what we understand the rear suites are much sought after. From our understanding there is also less foot traffic, since it is in the rear of the ship, this will also make things quieter for you, if that is what you prefer.

Tootsiescurly,

Very good point you make. Here is a description of our Cat 11 Aft wrap on the Spirit, which sleeps 3:

Cabin 7298 (11 VER3) 245/220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

View: window and wrap-around balcony connecting balconies: no

separate bedroom area; 2-TV's; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; hair dryer; minibar;

large closet; shower/tub/whirlpool; dressing area; sitting area consisting of a sofa, armchair and coffee table.

Ocean View Balcony Suite with Wrap-Around

Category 11

4228 4237 6260 6329 7298 7347 8268 8273

• Stateroom dimension: 245 square feet
  • Balcony dimension: 220 square feet
  • Separate bedroom from sitting area
  • 2 televisions with remote control
  • Audio/Video Input plate: for guests to connect and view their DVD/Video source through the TV.
  • Minibar
  • Hair dryer
  • Sitting area: sofa; armchair; coffee table
  • Wall safe
  • Large closet
  • Balcony: lounge chair, patio chair and a table

Averageblokes: Notice the larger balcony size also....makes the overall square footage on this Cat 11 much larger (and of course less expensive)than a Penthouse suite (Cat 12).

Here is some basic information for you. I extracted it from the cruisedeckplans website:

Cabin 5293 (11 VER2) 275/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: 5289

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; hair dryer; minibar; shower/tub/whirlpool;

2-large closets; dressing area; sitting area consisting of a sofa, armchair and coffee table.

Ocean View Balcony Suite

Category 11

4226 4235 5264 52936154 6156 6157 6158 6160 6162 6164 6166 6167 6168 6170 6172 6173

6174 6175 6176 6181 6183 6185 6189 6195 6197 6203 6258 6327 7296 7345 8266 8271

• Stateroom dimension: 275 square feet
  • Balcony dimension: 85 square feet; Note: 40 square feet (4226 and 4235)
  • Television with remote control
  • Minibar
  • Hair dryer
  • Separate sitting area: sofa; armchair chair; coffee table
  • Wall safe
  • Large closet(s)
  • Balcony: 3 patio chairs and a table; Note: 2 patio chairs and a table (4226 and 4235).

EMPRESS DECK INFORMATION:

Use this link to view information:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/fleet/spirit/cabin_description/empress.htm

Hope this helps to answer some of your questions.

We will be on the Verandah Deck in a Cat 11 Aft Wrap suite on the Spirit in Nov 09. From what we understand the rear suites are much sought after. From our understanding there is also less foot traffic, since it is in the rear of the ship, this will also make things quieter for you, if that is what you prefer.

THANKS FOR THAT

sounds like we did ok

cheers

I am on the pride in July on deck 7 in a cat 11 wrap balcony. I didn't relize they were 30sq ft smaller then the other cat 11. The huge balcony more than makes up for this. Some have said the layout makes these seem bigger but these are smaller then RC jr suite in sq ft so I wonder how they can have a seperate living/bedroom?

the cat 11 aft suite on deck 5 is not a true suite. If one couldnt book one of the aft corners on any other deck-- this would be a last option as the room is smaller then the other cat 11's

the balcony IS larger but its the cabin that is smaller

(canrival should charge a 9A rate for these two cabins)

Will be on the Pride (sister ship) cabin #6329, in July and would like to know what the pillow menu is.:)

Thanks

This information was extractedfrom the Suite Amenities section for Spirit Class ships (cruisedeckplans):

Pillow Menu

Our pillows are of the highest quality. In the suites, we offer our Soft & Downey Pillow, 4 ounces of white goose down surrounding 22 ounces of

white goose feathers. In addition, the Pillow Menu provides the following choices for the guest’s own comfort:

• Pillow 1: Soft and Downey Pillow, goose down surrounding goose feathers
  • Pillow 2: New Generation Pillow, synthetic slick fibers, soft, anti allergenic
  • Pillow 3: Softique Pillow, synthetic, medium, anti allergenic
  • Pillow 4: Latex Pillow, firm, anti allergenic
  • Pillow 5: Goose Down, soft

We are not sure if the"menu" is still followed or not.

THANKS FOR THAT

sounds like we did ok

cheers

You've booked Carnival....so you did more than ok....you did great. ;) Hope you both enjoy your cruise.

Out of curiosity...what is the BEST Australian beer? I hear different answers from different folks....but it would really mean a lot to hear it from "the horses mouth," so to speak. Thanks for any input you may be able to provide

I am on the pride in July on deck 7 in a cat 11 wrap balcony. I didn't relize they were 30sq ft smaller then the other cat 11. The huge balcony more than makes up for this. Some have said the layout makes these seem bigger but these are smaller then RC jr suite in sq ft so I wonder how they can have a seperate living/bedroom?

If you ever have a question about room sizes (and your PVP or TA cannot answer your question) go to cruisedeckplans.com They provide a lot of basic information on room size, amenities, etc., for a variety of cruise lines.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it might be a menu left on the pillow.:o

Looking forward to our cruise!

Connie

Connie,

We did not even realize we had a "choice" of pillows, until we saw this...still not quite sure either...so are planning on bringing our own for now. Have a great cruise!

Kerry (Zingy) & Donna

Archived