Sapphire Princess - San Pedro - Disembarkation

taxmantoo

For a cruise coming back from Mexico at 7 am, what would be the latest we could stay on board before disembarking?

Is there a special disembarkation or Border Services procedure for Canadian citizens or can we disembark at any time?

Hi,

We were just on the Sapphire Princess the first week of May, and they want everyone out of their cabins no later than 8:00am. They will give you a color code and disembark by color - they have different lounges/theatre set up per color, so everyone does not meet in the same place. It usually goes very quick, and very smoothly. They call by color.

If you sign up for self disembark, they were off the boat before 8:00am. If you choose not to do that, and get a color, it usually starts shortly after 8:00am and boat is usually cleared by 9:30am-10:00am depending on how fast customs clears the ship after docking, as they start loading for the next weeks cruise by noon, and they have to have time to clean all cabins/ship.

As being a Canadian, yes there is a special time set up for us to meet with immigration onboard, and it is extremely early!! Usually between 5:30am-6:00am for all non-US citizens - and you have to do this, there is no way to get out of it... they will not clear the ship until everyone has cleared immigration.

When you get off the ship, you will hand in your customs paper with value purchased, and countries visited, to the custom person working in the building on the pier, and answer any questions they may like to ask you. They branch passengers off to US Citizen, and non-US citzens as well.

For a cruise coming back from Mexico at 7 am, what would be the latest we could stay on board before disembarking? Is there a special disembarkation or Border Services procedure for Canadian citizens or can we disembark at any time?
I was on the Sapphire in April and as I live nearby and was being picked up, I was among the last groups to disembark at 9am. The ship was pretty much empty by then. When you disembark, you will be directed to the "non-US Citizen" line. Otherwise, there's no special procedure for non-US passengers.

I was on the Sapphire in April and as I live nearby and was being picked up, I was among the last groups to disembark at 9am. The ship was pretty much empty by then. When you disembark, you will be directed to the "non-US Citizen" line. Otherwise, there's no special procedure for non-US passengers.

Thank you! That sounds so much better than getting up at 5:30 am :eek: !!!

Archived