Slacks/Shoes for Tall Women

Beanie01

I have a friend at work who is very tall and slim - approx. 6'. She has the hardest time finding slacks/jeans. She does not have the money for designer clothes, and prefers to be able to try on rather than mail order. Does anyone have any ideas as to what stores may have good tall collections? She's already been frequenting New York & Company and JC Penney, but she said Penney's is limited, and NY & Co. still mostly has low-riders (she's in her 50's and doesn't want the low thing).

Also looking for ideas for size 11 shoes - that's a problem for her too, particularly on her budget.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi - I am also tall with ...ahem...long feet...actually size 12 shoe. I totally hear your friend and have the exact same problems. For tall slacks (like for work) she could try Dillard's if there is one near her, they have a line called 'Investments' that carry pants in long or tall length, about $40 each. Also some Eddie Bauer stores carry "long" casual pants and jeans (where just the legs are longer) or their catalogs carry "tall" (where the rise and the length is longer). For shoes, Nordstrom carries a wide variety of sizes, although their prices can be prohibitive, so I like to check out Nordstrom Rack, you have to search through the racks but I have found some great deals on really cute shoes there! It's so frustrating that there seem to be huge sections, actually entire stores devoted to "petites" but not for us tall girls...!

semichigan - Thanks for your suggestions. We do have Dillards, Eddie Bauer, and Nordstroms here. I'm going to forward her your information.

cb at sea - Tell me about it! I shop a lot at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. Many times I see something I really like - good luck in finding it in a 6! Or you go through the 6's on a rack, and there's about 1/2 as much, or less, than what's available in the larger sizes. I think the larger sizes are considered to be more average. Still, wouldn't you rather be thin and have to look a little harder for clothes than the alternative? I just got a beautiful maxi dress in the jr. dept. at Target.

I have a friend at work who is very tall and slim - approx. 6'. She has the hardest time finding slacks/jeans. She does not have the money for designer clothes, and prefers to be able to try on rather than mail order. Does anyone have any ideas as to what stores may have good tall collections? She's already been frequenting New York & Company and JC Penney, but she said Penney's is limited, and NY & Co. still mostly has low-riders (she's in her 50's and doesn't want the low thing).

Also looking for ideas for size 11 shoes - that's a problem for her too, particularly on her budget.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm tall as well.(5'10"-not slim-sz. 12) I found a great pant at Nordstrom, the brand is Tribal. I love them, they go on sale often and they have great colors. Never had to take the hem out either. Can't help w/ the shoes--I have small feet for my height-7 1/2. Tell your friend I wish her much luck.;)

Archived