We just got an upgrade!

msweeble1

Good for both upgrades!!! We've been on 5 Princess cruises so far and 4 have been in mini-suites on the Dolphin deck. We love them and love the uncovered balcony. Our last cruise was on the Coral Princess in an AA mini and the balcony was covered - I felt cooped up. Everyone is different - but you'll enjoy the upgrade!!!

You are going to love the mini! For Alaska especially it's the only way to go, and we specifically chose an uncovered balcony, which we have had several times. Because it's Alaska, the uncovered balconies can offer more sunshine, and if it's raining, you probably wouldn't be on the balcony anyway. Unless you are in a really warm weather location, covered balconies are overrated IMHO.

Don't forget to remind your cabin steward about your complimentary glass of champagned upon arrival to your cabin. It comes with the mini, but it seems like a 50-50 chance of getting it without asking. You should also have cookies or some kind of nibble as well. My DH loves the bathtub and I love the larger bathroom and walk-in closet.

Maria

Does anyone know how it's determined who will be upgraded? Is it based on how many Princess cruises you've been on?

Thanks.

I actually called Princess today and ask how upgrades are given. She said they are random picks by the computer. Some of the facts that the computer figures are how rapidly a cruise is filling up, the season, the popularity of the itenierary, etc. But, it is always random and always the computer pick.

Maam,

May your journey and cruise be well with calm seas!

Your going to have a great time in the M S!

I am going from the Hooker Port ( Red Hook ) ..no not in St. Thomas , USVI...

But in the City of New York soon on an Aloha Deck.

The UpGrade Wizard worked well with you.

Again have a great time and enjoy!

The Star is a nice ship and great crew too!:cool:

We leave Sunday on the Star. I just checked my Travel summery again & we've been uprgaded to a mini-suite on the dolphin deck. Can anyone tell me about these rooms. Are the balconies covered,partially covered, or not covered? It really doesn't matter I am just curious. I'm so excited!

Debbie

Hello! I'm leaving on the Star on Sunday also! I can't wait either... We do not have a balcony or even a window this time... Just happy that we are going at all. Our cabin is B 200 something, I don't have the info in front of me. (Alaska is not something that we can usually afford although we work our butts off. We are early 30's people and aren't there yet but prices seem so low now so we had to take advantage.) Our fares were only like $600 bucks a piece! It's my fiance's first cruise (my third) so I'm trying to navigate this whole process for him and make it such an awesome time that he'll want to do it again and again.

Just wondering how you got the upgrade? Is there a secret to tell them? We have already paid in full so I bet we're probably out of luck. Does anyone know if upgrades are available when we go to board? (like for example there are not that many people on board?) I would definitely pay a couple (like two) hundred if they would upgrade us to something better on the spot. We booked it through our local AAA, and she got us an upgrade to JJ, but that isn't really that fantastic. It just seemed like it is on an upper deck vs. where they may have put is in the very bottom. What's the secret?

Archived