Did we make a mistake with 2 7A's on Miracle?

NJCruiser23

We had a Balcony and an inside. Talked to DH about getting 2 balconies and paying the difference. It will be DH, myself, DD 13, and DS 15. I told him I would feel more comfortable with connecting rooms. He was worried about the kids and the balcony. So I suggested the 7A's bc the balcony had the lifeboats underneath. (For some reason he thinks they might fall overboard!! They are not babies and I don't think they will be that crazy. LOL) He feels a little better about it. Can all of you great people that had 7A's tell me how great they were. I would be happy to be anywhere on the ship, so I will be happy. DH really loves having balcony bc we have been spoiled now. I don't want him to regret the choice of the 7A's instead of 2 8C's. The 2 8C's would also be $400 more. So we are also saving money with the 7A's.

Thanks so much for all of your help. I have seen some pictures already, but if anyone wants to post theres too I have really appreciate it.

Can't wait to go!!!:D

were you able to gt connecting rooms? I only saw one set on each side.

As for falling overboard-- your kids are old enough to know that climbing on a cruise ship is outta the question.

You cant just fall overboard- you must be doing something stupid to fall over.

were you able to gt connecting rooms? I only saw one set on each side.

As for falling overboard-- your kids are old enough to know that climbing on a cruise ship is outta the question.

You cant just fall overboard- you must be doing something stupid to fall over.

That's what I think, but my DH is overly cautious. He thinks bc they are teenagers they might get crazy. They really aren't now, so I don't expect them to get that nuts.LOL

The first three 7As are more obstructed than the others, so how much obstruction you have and which picture would be match your cabins, depends on which you have. Sounds great to me. Enjoy.

We did get connecting 5166 and 5168, just at the end of the first 3 lifeboats.

We stayed in one of those cabins on the Miracle and we thought it was fine (especially for the price). You still have a door, a small deck, and you can see the ocean. if you look down you see the lifeboat. We had cabin 5188.. Some of the rooms have a better view than others. There is part of the lifeboat that sticks up a little more than the rest (the window area). If I had it to do over, I would go more toward the center of that same area, because when I looked to my left from the balcony, I saw the overhang of other balconies. Overall, I think these rooms are great for the price! You will love the Miracle. She is my favorite ship so far. :p

Here is a view from the inside of our cabin.

232323232%7Ffp395%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A77%3E883%3EWSNRCG%3D32359%3B3%3A7432%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp359%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A77%3E883%3EWSNRCG%3D32359%3B3%3A74364nu0mrj

Here are a few more pics of the Miracle... sorry, some are blurry

232323232%7Ffp393%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A77%3E883%3EWSNRCG%3D32359%3B3%3A7432%3Cnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp35%3A%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A77%3E883%3EWSNRCG%3D32359%3B3%3A74333nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp35%3A%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A77%3E883%3EWSNRCG%3D32359%3B3%3A74349nu0mrj

We stayed in one of those cabins on the Miracle and we thought it was fine (especially for the price). You still have a door, a small deck, and you can see the ocean. if you look down you see the lifeboat. We had cabin 5188.. Some of the rooms have a better view than others. There is part of the lifeboat that sticks up a little more than the rest (the window area). If I had it to do over, I would go more toward the center of that same area, because when I looked to my left from the balcony, I saw the overhang of other balconies. Overall, I think these rooms are great for the price! You will love the Miracle. She is my favorite ship so far. :p

Thanks, Konasmom we will have 5166 and 5168 close to the center of those cabins. I think my DD will feel better having that connecting door. DH and I figure as long as we have some view we should be okay. We are used to reg balcony. We love to sit out there and enjoy it a lot. That is the only reason I was concerned.

Also for yourself and Trock,

Is the balcony more narrow than a regular balcony do you know? Thanks so much to both of you and thanks for the pics. We have actually been on the Miracle before for our 10th anniv. Just us, no kids with us that time.

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I know we will be fine, I just hate second guessing myself. Especially when I put so much time into planning. We aren't even going for a little more than a year. Do you think I am a little cruise addicted? It's all about the cruise. LOL. I am in withdrawal bc we are only doing family visits and short trip to Busch Gardens, VA this year. Can't wait until next year!!!!:D:D:D

To be honest, this was the only balcony room we have had so far. I thought there was enough room though. It didn't feel too cramped to me. If I am not mistaken, the balconies are the same size. Hopefully someone who has stayed in both can help you with the comparison.

That's cool that you have sailed her before. I think she's a gorgeous ship!

My parents had the balcony right next to us and we asked if we could open the divider and they told us no, but I read on here later that they can. I think they are only allowed to have so many open on any given cruise for some reason, but I'm not sure why or where exactly I read that. If you want them to be open so you can get one big balcony, be sure and ask early... (from what I have heard)...

I understand the excitement! I am so excited about our cruise in November I can barely stand it!!! :p

To be honest, this was the only balcony room we have had so far. I thought there was enough room though. It didn't feel too cramped to me. If I am not mistaken, the balconies are the same size. Hopefully someone who has stayed in both can help you with the comparison.

That's cool that you have sailed her before. I think she's a gorgeous ship!

My parents had the balcony right next to us and we asked if we could open the divider and they told us no, but I read on here later that they can. I think they are only allowed to have so many open on any given cruise for some reason, but I'm not sure why or where exactly I read that. If you want them to be open so you can get one big balcony, be sure and ask early... (from what I have heard)...

I understand the excitement! I am so excited about our cruise in November I can barely stand it!!! :p

I heard that about the dividers. So I will ask as soon as I can. I have to just do a search on who you ask. Can't remember if it was the cabin steward or pursers desk.

We did love the Miracle. It was only a 3 day so I barely remember her. I do know the ship was only 3 or 4 months old when we went. Brand Spanking New. It was a very nice ship. We had a great time.

Thanks all for your answers.:D:D

I heard that about the dividers. So I will ask as soon as I can. I have to just do a search on who you ask. Can't remember if it was the cabin steward or pursers desk.

e.

Thanks all for your answers.:D:D

on the miracle which is a spirit class ship-- you have to ask at the pursers desk. Only a limited amount of dividers can be removed.

On the glory--a conquest class ship the steward just opens them and locks it into place

Thanks, Konasmom we will have 5166 and 5168 close to the center of those cabins. I think my DD will feel better having that connecting door. DH and I figure as long as we have some view we should be okay. We are used to reg balcony. We love to sit out there and enjoy it a lot. That is the only reason I was concerned.

Also for yourself and Trock,

Is the balcony more narrow than a regular balcony do you know? Thanks so much to both of you and thanks for the pics. We have actually been on the Miracle before for our 10th anniv. Just us, no kids with us that time.

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I know we will be fine, I just hate second guessing myself. Especially when I put so much time into planning. We aren't even going for a little more than a year. Do you think I am a little cruise addicted? It's all about the cruise. LOL. I am in withdrawal bc we are only doing family visits and short trip to Busch Gardens, VA this year. Can't wait until next year!!!!:D:D:D

Our balcony was narrower.. Look below.. one of the ladies on our roll call had a much wider/deeper balcony

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Cabin 5236

I think I remember reading here on cc that when you go to the pursers desk to request the divider be removed, you need to have an occupant from each of the cabins there to make the request. (I know that seems silly when it's your kids in the other cabin, but just FYI.)

I think I remember reading here on cc that when you go to the pursers desk to request the divider be removed, you need to have an occupant from each of the cabins there to make the request. (I know that seems silly when it's your kids in the other cabin, but just FYI.)

Thanks, I'll make sure we are both there.

And thanks to everyone for all of your replies.:)

We just got off the Spirt a month ago from ak. We had 5180 and were very happy with it. There were ten cabins in our group and we all had obstructed balconies. I didnt hear any complaints from anyone. Cant beat the price. Leaves more money for other things.

We had the same rooms on the Legend last summer with 13 and 15 year old boys. They loved having their space and we loved having our space. Would do it again in a heartbeat! Enjoy!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think we will have a great time, too. Thanks.

We just got off the Spirt a month ago from ak. We had 5180 and were very happy with it. There were ten cabins in our group and we all had obstructed balconies. I didnt hear any complaints from anyone. Cant beat the price. Leaves more money for other things.

thanks for your reply. I'm glad everyone had no complaints and enjoyed these cabins.

Archived