New Problem - Bring Wine

We plan on bringing 2 bottles of wine on board with us, but are a little worried about packing them in the check baggage. We are not flying as we live in NYC. What we were thinking was getting bubble wrap and then putting them in a carry on bag. Any Suggestions?

We plan on bringing 2 bottles of wine on board with us, but are a little worried about packing them in the check baggage. We are not flying as we live in NYC. What we were thinking was getting bubble wrap and then putting them in a carry on bag. Any Suggestions?

Sounds like you have the wine covered OK. I can not think of a better idea.

Have a wonderful cruise.

The bubble wrap should be more than fine. Personally, I'd suggest simply carrying them on, so that you don't need to worry that they might get banged around. In March, I had two bottles of champagne in my backpack when we boarded. That said, we didn't check our bags at all, so it really didn't matter.

Of course, some people double their supplies by checking two bottles and carrying on two bottles, but that would be against the rules.

Since we get on early and sometimes have to hang out a few hours until we can get into our cabin we pack wine in our suitcase.

In order to make it pretty much idiot proof the bottle or box goes into a zip lock type bag and than is bubble wrapped and than stretch wrapped in plastic.

Kind of overkill but would rather not have to pick out pieces of glass from by suitcase not to mention even though Carnival does our laundry for free would rather not send it all out the first day.

It is not near the dastardly dead to bring extra as some would have you believe. You will be fine bringing an extra bottle or so. Enjoy.:)

Well, when we sailed out of Jax last December, I had mine in my carryon, as allowed. Woman at the scanner asked me before I put the bag on the belt if I had wine. Told her yes and she asked to see it.

I suspect that if I had more than the allowed amount, it would have been confiscated.

I keep my bottle in the cabin for on occasional glass.

I purchase a bottle of red and a bottle of white in the dining room on the first night to have whichever one I want, depending on what I select to eat.

It isn't worth the hassle of trying to pack extra wine in a suitcase where it could possibly break, or to try to carry on more than allowed. I'm cheap, but I'm not that cheap! :p

Archived