New items on the lido breakfast buffet

michelle2

[quote name='quickrate']Smoked salmon is available on the room service menu. If you don't want oil at the egg omlet station, just tell them to use the spray or dry-they'll be happy to do it. I was glad to see on the Miracle in Jan. the addition of chicken sausage on the buffet as I'm not a beef or pork eater. It's good to see Carnival adding new things to their breakfast buffet.
Pat[/quote]
I did not see smoked salmon on the room service menu. But, I'd still want to eat breakfast in the buffet with hubby. Five other lines have it on the buffet--seems chincy to me if Carnival doesn't. The omlet station attendent did use spray oil, lots and lots of spray oil. I've never seen anything like it.

[quote name='katiel53']On Glory earlier this year two days they had the best breakfast potatoes. They were near where the omelets were cooked and they were like baked potatoes cut up with onions and fried. OMG I could eat the whole tray of them. Nothing like the other potatoes at all. I wish they had them every day, but probably better for my health that they don't.[/quote]

mmm sounds good. That is the way I like breakfast potatoes.

[quote name='JPEvans']If you are from England you would. Baked beans, blood sausage, and fried tomatoes :eek:[/quote] I first experienced this in a B&B in Hastings in 1982, although they used Canadian bacon in place of blood sausage. The toast was also fried. As different as it was, I really liked it - although I'm not sure I'll partake if the beans and tomatoes are on our Miracle cruise in 3 weeks.

[quote name='megr1125']it's a canadian thing...and maybe some other places too...[/quote]

Baked beans for breakfast are not a typical Canadian thing...more of a French-Canadian thing.....you'll see that item in Quebec restaurants or in French communities.....or at Quebec-related places like maple syrup huts.

:D

[quote name='dan40']I've never seen or eaten a breaded egg, but they absolutely would have to be peeled . Cannot imagine biting into a breaded eggshell while half awake!:eek::D[/quote]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]It just makes them more crisp and crunchy...LOL...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000]Never had the panko crusted eggs. The idea though sounds good to me. There are hard boiled eggs called Scottish eggs. Hard boiled eggs covered with breakfast sausage and rolled in bread crumbs and deep fried. They are killer. Love them. Also the proper way to serve them is with cubed pickled beets and mustard....Yummmmmmooooooo........;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

We got off the Pride about 5 weeks ago, and we had none of these items at the buffet. I wonder if some things are not fleet wide but just by individual ship. We didn't care for the breakfast very much because it was the same stuff every day. We would go to the MDR but we get up fairly late and if we don't hurry and get breakfast we don't get a choice of deck chairs. So we sacrifice breakfast.

Hi All:)

We love to have breakfast in the MDR if we are up early enough. We enjoy being seated with different people every day and hearing about their excursions and homes etc. It's a great way to start off our day. We also like avoiding the long lines at the buufet and trying to find an empty table to sit at. We usually don't do the MDR for lunch, because we are usually busy with activities or the pool, and also I could NEVER pass up the great deli sandwiches, especially the REUBEN!:D

BOB

Archived