New items on the lido breakfast buffet

michelle2

We were on the June 14-21 sailing of the Splendor. Here are some of the new items we saw at breakfast: eggs benedict, french toast on thick raisin bread, baked beans, au gratin potatoes, spiced pumpkin bread, soft cheese rolls, panko crusted hard boiled eggs, and BLT quiches. I personally tried the thick french toast, pumpkin bread, and the quiche - all were delicious. It was nice to see some new items. I wonder if this is fleet wide or just on the Splendor...

We were on the June 14-21 sailing of the Splendor. Here are some of the new items we saw at breakfast: eggs benedict, french toast on thick raisin bread, baked beans, au gratin potatoes, spiced pumpkin bread, soft cheese rolls, panko crusted hard boiled eggs, and BLT quiches. I personally tried the thick french toast, pumpkin bread, and the quiche - all were delicious. It was nice to see some new items. I wonder if this is fleet wide or just on the Splendor...

Mmmm...sounds yummy. Hopefully we will see these items on the Freedom next week!

BTW though...what is "panko crusted hard boiled eggs"?

Same was on the Legend last summer.

Greeeeat. More temptation ;)

(Did I see that right? Quiche?)

The quiche were really good. They came in the small ceramic containers that are available to put syrup in. They were small and yummy!

Baked beans for breakfast.:confused: I would not want to start of the day eating baked beans.;):)

it's a canadian thing...and maybe some other places too...

BTW i second the question...WTH is a panko crusted HB egg??? how DO you panko coat an HBE????? BLECH!

They had the french toast on pride...probably the best breakfast offering up there.....and the round hash browns too.

it's a canadian thing...and maybe some other places too...

BTW i second the question...WTH is a panko crusted HB egg??? how DO you panko coat an HBE????? BLECH!

They had the french toast on pride...probably the best breakfast offering up there.....and the round hash browns too.

...also, an English thing (baked beans :)). Were any of the other new items on the Pride? We're sailing on the Pride this year, and that stuff sounds GOOD! What did you think of this cruise?

Mmmm...sounds yummy. Hopefully we will see these items on the Freedom next week!

BTW though...what is "panko crusted hard boiled eggs"?

Panko is Japanese bread crumbs. Made from the white part of the bread only, no crusts. It is finer and cooks crisper than American bread crumbs.

Terrific on meats, don't know about on hard boiled cackleberries.:rolleyes:

I was on the same sailing...

Panko eggs wern't all that great...eggs tasted wrong...probably from being deep fried.

I didn't care for the quiche all that much either. It was served in tiny, smaller that shot glass, type containers...and seemed over processed...like when you process onions into a liquid as opposed to small pieces. The quiche I had was solid on the top...but liquefied on the bottom. I'm also used to quiche being served in a pie crust...this seemed to resemble runny scrambled eggs.

The French Toast, Pumpkin Bread, Eggs Benedict, etc. were all great...didn't try the baked beans though...

I will definetly take advantage of eggs beneditc!! You used to have to go to the dining room for that dish! I think is wise to have it on Lido as majority of people dine there...After reading Cruise COnfidential, I will stick with Lido buffet and go to the dining room for dinner only!!!

I will definetly take advantage of eggs beneditc!! You used to have to go to the dining room for that dish! I think is wise to have it on Lido as majority of people dine there...After reading Cruise COnfidential, I will stick with Lido buffet and go to the dining room for dinner only!!!

Without spoiling the book...can you explain "why" we shouldn't go to the dining room for breakfast or lunch?? :confused:

Without spoiling the book...can you explain "why" we shouldn't go to the dining room for breakfast or lunch?? :confused:

You should go to the dinning room for breakfast and lunch, the food is better and they wait on you. The Lido is good too, if you are in a hurry but if you have time, go to the dinning room at least once.

Please let me know why we shouldn't go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch.

Why will you stick with Lido buffet and go to the dining room for dinner only?

Archived