Speciality Dining Available on Equinox!

Morris4me

I just posted this on the Celebrity "Roll Call" page, but thought I would add it here too.

For those sailing on Equinox on 12/4/09, Specialty Reservations are now available online at Celebrity.com. I was able to make rerservations for Murano, Tuscan Grill and Silk Harvest. If you reserved your cruise thru Celebrity, you can access the reservations page via "Manage My Reservations", then choose the "Specialty Dining" tab. You can choose the restaurant you want to book and select the date and the time. You must pay for them at the time you reserve them, but you do have the option to modify or cancel them later.

For those who haven't done this before, be aware that you cannot use Firefox (or at least Firefox 3.0) as a browser to reserve the specialty restaurant. Use Opera, or IE, or Safari (not 100% sure about that last one as my Mac is down right now, but I'm pretty sure I did that on Solstice).

Even those who have done this before probably need reminders; I was checking all day yesterday to see when the page on which you reserve the restaurants would be fixed only to remember today what the problem is.

If you make a Speciality Restaurant booking online, make sure to confirm before making final payment on your cruise that the charge has not been added to your cruise separately. Oddly, when I went to make my final payment, I was told that I owed the amount I had paid online for the speciality restaurant reservations. Of course, I told them that it was paid for on my CC at the time I made the reservation. My TA said that they would work things out with Celebrity, so it should be fine, but if I hadn't been watching I might of ended up paying for it twice:(.

If you make a Speciality Restaurant booking online, make sure to confirm before making final payment on your cruise that the charge has not been added to your cruise separately. Oddly, when I went to make my final payment, I was told that I owed the amount I had paid online for the speciality restaurant reservations. Of course, I told them that it was paid for on my CC at the time I made the reservation. My TA said that they would work things out with Celebrity, so it should be fine, but if I hadn't been watching I might of ended up paying for it twice:(.

And also check your on board acct to make sure they do not charge you yet again after your dine there!

And also check your on board acct to make sure they do not charge you yet again after your dine there!

I saw that! I made the reservation online and had them email me a confirmation. I printed it out, so I can bring it with me on the cruise. Thanks for the tip!

I presume though you need to be within 60 days of sailing before you can use this facility? It will not let me in to make a booking which would be correct if the 60 day rule applies

I presume though you need to be within 60 days of sailing before you can use this facility? It will not let me in to make a booking which would be correct if the 60 day rule applies

I booked Murano and Tuscan for November 2009 cruise so maybe there is another reason you can't book.

I booked Murano and Tuscan for November 2009 cruise so maybe there is another reason you can't book.

Are you booked through Celebrity or a travel agent? We are through an agent I wonder if that makes a difference - have you a time slot for you booking or just have a booking for any day/time and you are still to confirm that

I think you have to be booked directly with Celebrity to access the online booking for dining & shore excursions. However, if you booked with a travel agent, contact them and they should be able to make the reservations for you.

I think you have to be booked directly with Celebrity to access the online booking for dining & shore excursions. However, if you booked with a travel agent, contact them and they should be able to make the reservations for you.

Hi There...I booked through a travel agent and was able to book my reservations for the restaurants online with no problem.

Ellen

I am booked through a travel agent. I just logged into my Captain's Club membership, selected my reservation then selected Specialty Dining.

Hope that helps and I believe you can call them as well,

Esther

Have you reserved a particular time slot or purchased a voucher to convert? If you have a time slot does this now make the current Captains Club perk of no value?

We are booked on Equinox for Dec. After seeing this thread two days ago we decided to try to do our Silk Harvest and Tuscan Grille booking. We are booked with a TA and are new to Captains Club (1 sailing) and are not in a suite so there should be no special perks to consider. The bookings went perfectly, although I did notice that perhaps they are withholding prime times (7:30-8:30) for Elite, Suite or onboard bookings. Plenty of early times 6-6:30, which is what we wanted, and later ones, 9:00 and later.

We were required to prepay, so I will take the advice of previous posters and watch out for double billing and bring my receipt with me!

Thanks to CC for this early information, one more thing all taken care of!

awfw

I have tried every way to do this, but when the page comes up, there are no links working - ie I am assuming you click on the name of the restaurant but nothing happens. Sorry to keep asking questions but I am wondering, I have to access through the UK pages - has anyone in the UK managed to make a reservation or is this an area where only those who are US based can enjoy the perk - we are getting very used to the lower level of perks in the UK!!!

I have tried every way to do this, but when the page comes up, there are no links working - ie I am assuming you click on the name of the restaurant but nothing happens. Sorry to keep asking questions but I am wondering, I have to access through the UK pages - has anyone in the UK managed to make a reservation or is this an area where only those who are US based can enjoy the perk - we are getting very used to the lower level of perks in the UK!!!

Are you using Firefox? I noticed that the specialty reservation system doesn't work in Firefox. (Like you said, you click on the name and nothing happens.) It works fine in IE. Very strange.

Floris

Floris

Thanks for your advice

I am using IE so your Firefox idea is not the answer! I can usually do most things on the X website no problem so I wonder what the reason is this time

A

Once you select the Specialty Dining Tab, the list of the three specialty dining restaurants come up. Below the title of the restaurant there is a brief description and below that is a link in blue to "Book". So if you don't have the link to "Book" then I would think you cannot but I would try the Specialty Restaurant reservations, please call 1-800-722-5941.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Went back and checked the page - no blue button; just called X UK and been advised as we are from the UK we cannot book until 60 days before the trip :( :( - no explanation as to what they will do if by then all the slots are taken by non UK customers

Oh dear X you do not make it easy for us in the UK to stay loyal

I had something similar... I had the booking page open up but no button to 'proceed' with the booking. I just called the number they had on the page and did the booking over the phone.

I'm from the UK and I have just booked all three speciality restaurants online for our cruise at the end of August. I went into 'My Celebrity' then selected the reservation and added the restaurant bookings. Ended up having to pay £161 though :eek:

I think that confirms what I suspected, in the UK we can only do it just before the trip - I see you sail in August. Others posting are talking about making dates in December, we have a January trip with a "special day" whilst on board and want to be sure we get a reservation that night at Murano (though I am getting concerned by November when we can book on the 60 day rule all the spaces will be gone)

A

Archived