Entertainment on Coral

AndyTheK

Hi all.

I have two questions about entertainment on the Coral (due to cruise at Christmas),

1. Is the music for the large Production shows live or canned?

2. Is there a Passenger talent show scheduled? I don't mean audience participation like karaoke, "idol" type contests or game show type things. On P&O they had a show where a few days before, there were auditions with one of the lounge bands. They selected who would be on, and worked with us to get the music and such down pat. The show was held in one of the larger lounges, and all of us had a ball.

Neither Carnival nor RCL had such a night (though we brought our music and cue sheets "just in case"). What can we expect on Princess?

Shalom frpm Tel Aviv, Andy.

I really don't remember if the music for the production shows were live or canned? I haven't been to one for a while, but I think it is live music. Princess does have an onboard orchestra.

They do have a passenger talent show called Princess Idol, but I think it is mostly a high-end karaoke show. I do recall on my last cruise that a woman from Russia sang a song that was not on the list, but was allowed to do so anyway.

I hope this helps?

VB1

Hi all.

I have two questions about entertainment on the Coral (due to cruise at Christmas),

1. Is the music for the large Production shows live or canned?

2. Is there a Passenger talent show scheduled? I don't mean audience participation like karaoke, "idol" type contests or game show type things.

Don't know specifically about the Coral, but some of the shows have the showband playing live and some use recorded music. You may find some of each on the same cruise.

Also, some Princess ships do have a passenger talent show (not karaoke) and some do not. It may depend on the cruise director. We have seen in such shows singers, dancers, guitar playing, piano playing, joke telling, etc. Depends on what talents the passengers have on that cruise. Quality of talent varied from embarassingly poor to excellent.

We were on the Coral last November (Panamna Canal Full Transit).

The stage shows use "canned" music, but the performers sing "live" to the music.

There were no talent shows of the type you mentioned.

We REALLY enjoyed the Coral. The CD (Ron Goodman) and his Assistant CD were great. They have daily TV shows (taped the previous day) providing daily activities, announcements and interviews with crew members/shore excursion reps. It's a great (and funny) way to start the day.

Thanks to all the responders.

To Rick and Rosemarie, this is exactly the information we were looking for. I wish the answers were not those you gave, but... oh, well ;) I know we'll have a great time on this cruise in any case.

Thanks for the heads up on the program about the day's activities, etc. We'll be sure to catch it.

On our Alaska cruise last year on the Coral our favorite entertainment was in the Crooners Piano Bar. The gentleman who played there most evenings had a great voice, loads of personality and did alot of Broadway show tunes and others. His name was Roger Carr, I think.

Archived