paradise cove luau

MAMATAMA

I did the deluxe package last month and thought it was worth every penny. Loved the luau and with the deluxe package we had front row seats and they brought us our food. I also did the luau in Kauai as an excursion on NCL POA and in my opinion I thought Paradise Cove was much better.

I did the deluxe package last month and thought it was worth every penny. Loved the luau and with the deluxe package we had front row seats and they brought us our food. I also did the luau in Kauai as an excursion on NCL POA and in my opinion I thought Paradise Cove was much better.

Was there like close to 1000 people at the ncl luau?

Thanks for the response, I looked up the seating, what is this BOX SEATING all about, I am looking into the Deluxe package also. I do not want to stand in line or a buffett... I am on vacation and I want to be waited on....Boy I sound spoiled there.. I also have two teenagers going... less nagging at me too..:p

I don't think the NLC luau was sold out the day we went, but I would say there were at least 700 people there. It was very well organized and nice I just thought the show at Paradise Cove was more of what I had in my mind when I think of a luau.

Not sure what the boxed seating is since we did the deluxe package we were at the first table on the right side of the stage. The table sat about 12 people. They bring you a little of everything and get your drinks.

Thanks for the response, I looked up the seating, what is this BOX SEATING all about, I am looking into the Deluxe package also. I do not want to stand in line or a buffett... I am on vacation and I want to be waited on....Boy I sound spoiled there.. I also have two teenagers going... less nagging at me too..:p

The deluxe package gives you a choice between the Royal Box or right in front of the stage. The Royal Box is raised but not very close to the stage so if this is your first luau, I would choose the seats closest to the stage. We enjoyed the deluxe package but were surprised that no poi was on the plate - you have to ask for it.

Calgarygary,

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. My daughter would like to know what poi is, I have no clue. Do they serve you family style and if you like something are you able to get more of? Also I heard that the drinks are not worth it and that you have to pay extra for more alcohol, anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,

Doe

Calgarygary,

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. My daughter would like to know what poi is, I have no clue. Do they serve you family style and if you like something are you able to get more of? Also I heard that the drinks are not worth it and that you have to pay extra for more alcohol, anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,

Doe

I can only answer the poi question

Poi, a glutinous purple paste made from pounded taro root (one of the most nutritious carbohydrates known) is the staple starch food of the Hawaiians. Poi had great significance in the Hawaiian culture, as it represents Haloa, the ancestor of chiefs and kanaka maoli (Native Hawaiians). There was a great reverence for the presence of poi at the table. It was unforgivable to have a quarrel, argue or haggle when poi was on the table. Pleasant conversation and heartiness was promoted.

The only thing I liked about it was the color, it's pale purple. I didn't like it and for me being Canadian it was right up with grits that I don't like as well.

But I did have some dinner buns that were made with it and I thought they were good.

I didn't like it and for me being Canadian it was right up with grits that I don't like as well.

:eek: Is such blasphemy allowed on these boards?! I assure you that you would like MY grits! ;)

Anyway, I've tried poi and didn't like it either. But I do like grits (well, not everyone's, but I like mine).

Calgarygary,

Thanks,

Doe

Doe, I see that you have already received an answer to your poi question. Regarding the service, we were served individually. We had no need for extra servings because we had lunch at Alan Wong's Pineapple Room so I can't answer that part of your question. I found the drinks to be fine, and neither weak nor strong. Chances are that the number of drink coupons you are given will meet your needs for the night.

Thank you all for the great answers and of course the great laughs...Have never had grits so I am unable to comment about them. I don't think poi will be in my top ten either...

Why I was asking about the drinks was .. I went on U_tube and looked up Paradise cove there is a very amusing video from a very angry man about how much he did not like it and wanted his money back. The funny part is he stated that he researched it too. He maid many comments about how you had to pay extra for alcohol in your drinks...If you want a laugh watch it.

I love all the info and comments keep em coming...

Doe:p

• Administrators
Thank you all for the great answers and of course the great laughs...Have never had grits so I am unable to comment about them. I don't think poi will be in my top ten either...

Why I was asking about the drinks was .. I went on U_tube and looked up Paradise cove there is a very amusing video from a very angry man about how much he did not like it and wanted his money back. The funny part is he stated that he researched it too. He maid many comments about how you had to pay extra for alcohol in your drinks...If you want a laugh watch it.

I love all the info and comments keep em coming...

Doe:p

We did the deluxe package and thought it was fine -- we each received SIX drink coupons, and we were glad the transportation was included after that (even though we didn't use all the coupons)!

I love the setting for Paradise Cove, and the front row seating with the deluxe package was very nice. Some of the YouTube videos of that luau are mine -- we were literally right next to the stage.

Marilyn,

I went to www.paradisecovehawaii.com and booked from there. If you have the entertainment book it will save you some, there is a 25% discount coupon. They are sneaky about it, it is only good on the adult admissions and dose not discount the transfers to and from your hotel. It was still a saving and paid for the book. The web site for the book is www.entertainment.com So anything Else I use is a freebie.

I booked the deluxe seating for a few dollars more I thought it was worth it. I dislike standing in Buffet lines...When you go to the site it will show you how it works there.

Good luck and let me know.

Doe

Archived