Star Food Areas

roger001

Does the Star have an open deck food/grill area at the back of the ship like the Pearl's? If not, is there a similar type grill facility available for breakfast, lunch type meals somewhere else on the ship, other than the buffett? Thanks.

it does have a blue lagoon...back of the lobby area, towards the aft shops. breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks..23 hours service. small table area, but it does have table-side service. good area to pick up a cup of coffee or tea..at the serve yourself area.

But it isn't open area.

Actually it is both, but I do not believe they actually provide table side service in the outside area. I think you have to place your order with them inside, and then take it outside if you wish. There is a door there at Blue Lagoon that a lot of people do not know about, but it does take you to the tables right outside on the deck next to Blue Lagoon.

Also, I do not know if it is open for breakfast, but there is the grill by the pool that is open for lunch. I know I have seen a lot of people who get their food at the buffet and then take it out to the pool area to eat. It isn't that far at all. Like maybe 20 or 30 feet from the door of the buffet to the pool area.

Actually it is both, but I do not believe they actually provide table side service in the outside area. I think you have to place your order with them inside, and then take it outside if you wish. There is a door there at Blue Lagoon that a lot of people do not know about, but it does take you to the tables right outside on the deck next to Blue Lagoon.

Also, I do not know if it is open for breakfast, but there is the grill by the pool that is open for lunch. I know I have seen a lot of people who get their food at the buffet and then take it out to the pool area to eat. It isn't that far at all. Like maybe 20 or 30 feet from the door of the buffet to the pool area.

I am confused. The Blue Laggon is on deck 7 on the Star, right? So you are saying there are some tables outside on the promenade deck (deck7) near the Blue Lagoon?

I am confused. The Blue Laggon is on deck 7 on the Star, right? So you are saying there are some tables outside on the promenade deck (deck7) near the Blue Lagoon?

The Blue Lagoon on the STAR is on the Promenade Deck - whichever number it may be.

There are a few tables right outside the door for you to take your food outside and eat out there if you want. A couple days we did this and it was pretty windy, but it's great for people watching when it's too crowded inside -- if you can hold on to your napkins and french fries! :eek:

Good morning,

I have done two trips on the Star and I never noticed the tables outside of the Blue Lagoon until this last trip and my son showed me! We kind of carried our fish and chips outside but it was nice. It adds to the table space and we went there a few times.

Does the Star have an open deck food/grill area at the back of the ship like the Pearl's? If not, is there a similar type grill facility available for breakfast, lunch type meals somewhere else on the ship, other than the buffett? Thanks.

It is an open air but it is nearer to the pool. For breakfast you can get waffles, eggs made to order and omelette, at lunch they grill burgers and dogs.

Nita

while out at sea it can get windy outside the BL..

but, while in port..or just as you are debarking from a port

it s a nice place to grab a lunch..6 or 10 piece hot wings or

fish n chip s were our favorites..though we had alot more..:p

while out at sea it can get windy outside the BL..

but, while in port..or just as you are debarking from a port

it s a nice place to grab a lunch..6 or 10 piece hot wings or

fish n chip s were our favorites..though we had alot more..:p

I have to have an order of those hot wings every day when Im on the Star or I just get in a bad mood..LOL.. (heck.. been known to have two orders a day some days.. 8-))

Doug said their fish and chips were good, but a little too greasy for him.. that and the waves we had made him a little sick that day, but he said they were good..

I have to have an order of those hot wings every day when Im on the Star or I just get in a bad mood..LOL.. (heck.. been known to have two orders a day some days.. 8-))

Doug said their fish and chips were good, but a little too greasy for him.. that and the waves we had made him a little sick that day, but he said they were good..

So I finally tried both the fish and chips and the wings on the Star a few weeks ago, because I kept hearing how great they were.

Sorry to say, I didn't like either of them....they both were really too greasy for me and DH....and the service was poor and I HATE those little stools they have there...I guess I am just not a Blue Lagoon person! :rolleyes: LOL...or maybe it just was not a good Blue Lagoon day.

So I finally tried both the fish and chips and the wings on the Star a few weeks ago, because I kept hearing how great they were.

Sorry to say, I didn't like either of them....they both were really too greasy for me and DH....and the service was poor and I HATE those little stools they have there...I guess I am just not a Blue Lagoon person! :rolleyes: LOL...or maybe it just was not a good Blue Lagoon day.

don't write it off, yet...each ship and each chef/cook is different.

i didn't like the fish & chips, not because they were greasy, but because they were too dry.

the wings, i have them cook them to crisp..otherwise, they were simmered in hot sauces. when they changed the menu, they took off the chili...that was very good for cold days in sept, cruising alaska.

the star's stools were uncomfortable, the BL on the spirit has a different arrangement.

don't write it off, yet...each ship and each chef/cook is different.

i didn't like the fish & chips, not because they were greasy, but because they were too dry.

the wings, i have them cook them to crisp..otherwise, they were simmered in hot sauces. when they changed the menu, they took off the chili...that was very good for cold days in sept, cruising alaska.

the star's stools were uncomfortable, the BL on the spirit has a different arrangement.

OK...guess I will give it another try next cruise. ;)

OK...guess I will give it another try next cruise. ;)

Oh man... if you can't tell.. I LOVE their wings..LOL.. I usually get them to go though because my big behind has to do a balancing act on those stools on in BL on the Star. Guess if I didn't eat those wings I might not have to balance quite as much.. LOL.. but hey.. it is vacation. Did you try the PB&J from room service? Another one of my favorites on the Star.

The Pearl's BL has a very nice set up I think.

Oh man... if you can't tell.. I LOVE their wings..LOL.. I usually get them to go though because my big behind has to do a balancing act on those stools on in BL on the Star. Guess if I didn't eat those wings I might not have to balance quite as much.. LOL.. but hey.. it is vacation. Did you try the PB&J from room service? Another one of my favorites on the Star.

The Pearl's BL has a very nice set up I think.

OK...I will try it again next time!! Ha ha! ;) along with the PB&J.....I love PB&J!

Those darn stools though...last year on the Star, we ended up having to sit on the "kids" sized ones...wow, now that was an adventure! DH is a big guy and I am sure we looked a sight sitting on them...probably looked like they would just disappear....um....you know where! :eek:

Archived