Enchantment of the Seas Splash Deck

Momto2cuteboys

Ok, we just got off the Enchantment, and the verdict is in on diapers/swimmers in the Splash Deck. They are NOT allowed....at least according to the sign. That doesn't mean that there weren't children who were obviously in diapers in there, or that they weren't in the pools as well, but the signs DO say that they are NOT allowed.

I'm not sure why they weren't enforcing it, but I'm guessing they just weren't paying much attention to the pools at all. There were kids climbing all over the splash thingy and only once did someone say something. Well, besides my 5 year old who very diplomatically tried to explain to the other kids that they weren't supposed to climb on it, but no one listed to him. ;)

Anyway, I have pictures of the signs if anyone wants to see, but they were definitely NOT the same signs that were in previous pictures from the splash deck. It was also sea water - so I'm guessing that it's not on it's own separate filtration system.

Apparently, the signs don't matter. Adults will let their children do what they want, when they want. (Even tho' most of those kids aren't actually old enough to "want" anything.....little babies don't ASK to go swimming...it's the parents that want them to!)

2la4xgi.jpg

I saw this on Beyond Ships website. They must have added the signs recently. My daughter was asked to leave because she was playing with babies in there 4/08...:eek:

It's a shame because there really wasn't any standing water in there. It's more like a sprinkler.;)

That is a shame. I hope more cruise lines will incorporate filtration systems into the designs for their splash zones, so there are more options for families with kids in diapers.

Ok, we just got off the Enchantment, and the verdict is in on diapers/swimmers in the Splash Deck. They are NOT allowed....at least according to the sign. That doesn't mean that there weren't children who were obviously in diapers in there, or that they weren't in the pools as well, but the signs DO say that they are NOT allowed.

I'm not sure why they weren't enforcing it, but I'm guessing they just weren't paying much attention to the pools at all. There were kids climbing all over the splash thingy and only once did someone say something. Well, besides my 5 year old who very diplomatically tried to explain to the other kids that they weren't supposed to climb on it, but no one listed to him. ;)

Anyway, I have pictures of the signs if anyone wants to see, but they were definitely NOT the same signs that were in previous pictures from the splash deck. It was also sea water - so I'm guessing that it's not on it's own separate filtration system.

Christina

How did you like your cabin. I think I read where you had 7666. We have that booked for our next cruise and just wanted to know what you thought of it.

Judy

Apparently, the signs don't matter. Adults will let their children do what they want, when they want. (Even tho' most of those kids aren't actually old enough to "want" anything.....little babies don't ASK to go swimming...it's the parents that want them to!)

Sometimes you are kind of rude CB, save the hate for the RCCL board....little babies do ask to go in the splash zone.. My kid is 14 months and anytime we walked within eye view she pointed and screamed for it. I only saw one sign this past week and it was in front of the pool with a foot of water in it, not in front of the area of sprinklers. My daughter stood by a sprinkler next to her mom, had a good time, and no one said jack.....

Judy ~ Yes, we were in 7666 and loved it. The balcony seemed really big and the room itself was down it's own small hallway, so very private. Definitely a room I would get again. It was a bit of a walk, especially if you went to the WJ to eat, then wanted to change for the pool, then got to the pool and forgot your son's goggles, but it really wasn't too bad.

With regards to the signs...if they are no longer there, then they just removed them. Both signs said the pool area was no more than an inch of water, so they were definitely NOT meant for the pool area right next to it - those had white signs that said essentially the same thing, just different depths. Of course, the signs do no good if they don't enforce them - and at least on our cruise they didn't enforce it at all. There were babies (not toddlers that maybe were potty trained and you just couldn't tell) in the pool as well as the splash deck and no one said a word. We were lucky and either there weren't any accidents, or they didn't discover any, but the pools stayed open the entire time.

While I agree that babies and toddlers DO ask to go swimming, and they DO want to participate if they see the pools, I do think they need to enforce the rules for safety and health reasons. At least they seem to be adding pools for this age group on the newer ships - which is definitely a welcome addition.

Judy ~ Yes, we were in 7666 and loved it. The balcony seemed really big and the room itself was down it's own small hallway, so very private. Definitely a room I would get again. It was a bit of a walk, especially if you went to the WJ to eat, then wanted to change for the pool, then got to the pool and forgot your son's goggles, but it really wasn't too bad.

With regards to the signs...if they are no longer there, then they just removed them. Both signs said the pool area was no more than an inch of water, so they were definitely NOT meant for the pool area right next to it - those had white signs that said essentially the same thing, just different depths. Of course, the signs do no good if they don't enforce them - and at least on our cruise they didn't enforce it at all. There were babies (not toddlers that maybe were potty trained and you just couldn't tell) in the pool as well as the splash deck and no one said a word. We were lucky and either there weren't any accidents, or they didn't discover any, but the pools stayed open the entire time.

While I agree that babies and toddlers DO ask to go swimming, and they DO want to participate if they see the pools, I do think they need to enforce the rules for safety and health reasons. At least they seem to be adding pools for this age group on the newer ships - which is definitely a welcome addition.

Regardless of the signs being there, not there, or even existing. Riddle me this... why is there a sprinkler system designed for the smallest of children, next to a pool with about 6 inches of water designed for potty trained toddlers, next to an adult pool designed for potty trained people? 3 seperate designed water activities. Do not tell me that sprinkler pool was designed for kids 3 years or older. On my recent cruise there were a couple kids above infant age running like wild indians with no parental guidance in the sprinkler area and it was beyond obvious the area was not designed for them.... too small. Bottom line is security was everywhere and they approved. I can say on other cruises (without a sprinkler system) when a kid in a diaper got near a pool security was all over the parents. I guess your best bet is if you are paranoid about the possibility of being a scofflaw, run and get security before you enter in the splash zone and get their permission. Chances are on Enchantment you will have to get about 3 to 5 of them together and do a poll for your answer.

Rolloman ~ I have no idea why they have that design and do not allow non-toilet trained children. My guess is that when they added it, they intended for it to be an area for babies, especially considering that previous pictures of the splash deck show signs that say it is only for diapered children. Those signs have obviously changed, however, and I'm guessing it's because they were told it wasn't an approved area for those children. I can't answer why they changed it, just that they did change it, and don't enforce it. As long as they aren't enforcing it, and they weren't in the pool areas either, I guess parents can do as they wish. By the way, on our cruise, there were a number of children from 3 to probably around 10 who very much enjoyed that area - and were toilet trained.

Christina thank you so much for your reply. I do know it will be walking but that will be helpful to the waistline!! Ha! Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Judy

Archived