Mendenhall after whale watch

Markanddonna

We had the chance to go with Steve from Harv and Marc on the 23rd in Juneau. It was 5 star. There were three couples on our tour. We saw not only a ton of whales but eagles, and eagles nesting, seals, otters and others. It was far beyond what I can explain. Steve was the best tour guide. To top it off my hubby and I hadn't gone to Mendenhall like the other two couples so we all went after whale watching. It was wonderful, it was raining so we didn't stay but there were plenty of opp's to catch a bus or shuttle back. It was a gorgeous view and I felt so lucky to have had Steve offer and get to go there. We had sun, rain and wind in Juneau, on the water it was sunny and so beautiful, Chilcat the whale performed for us for over an hour just 50 feet from our boat, it was unbelieveable. We also saw a cow calf pair play for over an hour. The eagles were majestic. Steve gave us choices and was so gracious. I highly recommend this tour. Some others at our dinner table had just okay trips, ours was 5 Star and more!

Mike and Kristi O

Idaho

don't they stop by 6pm though

I am in the same position and understand I would not be able to get back as our H&M tour finishes around 6.30

I believe Harv & Marv will also pick you up at Mendenhall as well. So if you have time, you could take the $7 shuttle to Mendenhall first and then have H&M pick you up there for your whale watch. Just talk to them first :).

Eileen from Harv and marv emailed and said they would take us to Mendenhall and could wait a short time. If we wanted to stay longer, they would arrange for a taxi. We have one of those late times too so the city bus probably isn't an option.

entrancemenpanorama.jpg

MGT Bus Stop (center): Another Bus Stop (top left): Another Bus Stop (far right): Visitor Center (front end of the far right bus stop) and Mendenhall Glacier will be on the right pass visitor Center Stair Case or Elevator at the buttom.

PS: Yellow Line actually are Straight Line but not in Panorama View.

Archived