C & A Reception

I remember reading somewhere that there is a Reception for C & A members only. Is this for Gold members too?

Can someone give me a little insight on what the Receptions are usually like? Any freebies? Is it casual or formal?? When is is usually held, first day?

Thanks, Angie

IF they still have them, gold members were invited. They used to have cocktails at no charge and some finger foods, but I believe that's fallen by the wayside. Aside from the beverages, you really don't miss much. Sometimes, the Capt. would speak/answer questions.....

Generally, it was held on a non-formal evening, as the Capt.s reception is on the 1st formal night.

My understanding is that traditional (Gold and above) C&A reception with drinks and finger foods will still be held until Sept 1. After Sept 1 it becomes a Platinum and above event.

My understanding is that traditional (Gold and above) C&A reception with drinks and finger foods will still be held until Sept 1. After Sept 1 it becomes a Platinum and above event.

After 9/1 the drinks will be charged to your seapass account for repeaters. This is right off of the C&A page from RCI **Beverages available for purchase at the Captain's Cocktail/Welcome Party.

After 9/1 the drinks will be charged to your seapass account for repeaters. This is right off of the C&A page from RCI **Beverages available for purchase at the Captain's Cocktail/Welcome Party.

I guess we will know for sure after 9/1, but I think we're talking about 2 different events. I believe the Captain's Cocktail/Welcome party is the traditional Captain's reception for all guests (not just C&A) on the first formal night. As you noticed, drinks are no longer free at this event. I think it is mentioned on the C&A website page to note that Gold members get "recognition" at this event in lieu of a separate C&A event.

For Platinum and above, I believe there still is a separate C&A event, though there's no explicit mention of free drinks or finger foods.

Still the 'traditional' C&A event on Freedom 6/21/09 with all members and drinks and snacks. Was a casual night and since we did the 5:30 event for early seating as daughters were with us (quite a few families with their kids being summer). As other posts say, will be interesting to see changes implemented after Sept. 1

IF they still have them, gold members were invited. They used to have cocktails at no charge and some finger foods, but I believe that's fallen by the wayside. Aside from the beverages, you really don't miss much. Sometimes, the Capt. would speak/answer questions.....

Generally, it was held on a non-formal evening, as the Capt.s reception is on the 1st formal night.

They still had free drinks and finger foods at our welcome back party in May Gold members and above was there at the same time.

Archived