Dry Dock Island Princess

stevenr597

We are planning to sail new year on Island Princess through the Panama Canal. We did this several years ago on the Coral Princess and had a fantastic trip. We do know that the Island Princess is now an "older ship". Has it been, or will it be scheduled to be in Drydock in the near future?

Keep in mind, drydock is normally for major mechanical maintenace/repair, wetdock usually takes place for additions to public areas. Ships normally will not go into drydock for cosmetic changes such as new carpeting, furniture replacement, etc.

These cosmetic changes are often done while the ship is on a scheduled cruise and are ongoing, as needed.

The Island/Coral Princess IMO are the two finest ships Princess has. They are very well maintained as is every Princess ship that I have been on. They have an excellent space ratio and they are relatively new as opposed to being old Coral 11/02 and Island 6/03.

You should have a great time.

Jack

for the little

According to that great Excel file by Host Mike, Island is scheduled for some down time 9/21 - 10/3/10. Don't know what all they're doing to it, but I think MUTS will be installed from what I've read around here.

According to that great Excel file by Host Mike, Island is scheduled for some down time 9/21 - 10/3/10. Don't know what all they're doing to it, but I think MUTS will be installed from what I've read around here.

I agree, don't know where the older comes from. :)

Archived