Space shuttle ccl glory

kathy&bob

For what it's worth as to schedule time etc. Launch is scheduled for 7:39PM on 7/11. It was canx last two times due to leaks. If Glory leaves at 4PM as scheduled we should be about 60 miles down range or out in ocean depending on course. Should be a major bonus for people who don't live in area.

We live 15 miles from KSC and get to watch it on TN and then go out in yard to see it fly.

Will be on Glory for 65th BD. Bob & Kathy

Two weeks ago Sensation captain delayed our departure so we could see launch of the Atlas rocket. Flash of light, watch for a few seconds and she disappears into the clouds, reappears for a moment, then we start hearing the roar...that lasted a lot longer. EM

Two weeks ago Sensation captain delayed our departure so we could see launch of the Atlas rocket. Flash of light, watch for a few seconds and she disappears into the clouds, reappears for a moment, then we start hearing the roar...that lasted a lot longer. EM

That is like comparing a kids sparkler to a huge professional fireworks. Not that it is not impressive, but a shuttle launch is a quantum factor more awesome. From our front yard we can watch shuttles launch and even hear the buffeting from the blast off. Atlas launches we can only see if the sky is crystal clear and then barely.

We have had 2 cruises out of Canaveral where a shuttle was scheduled to launch before sail away..:D Both were scrubbed!:mad:

You have better odds of being hit by lightning on the deck, than a scheduled shuttle launch going off on time to watch.

Never plan your schedule around a shuttle launch.

If you get lucky and it goes off, like somebody said earlier, be thankful for a once in a lifetime show. (especially with only 2 or 3 more launches left, EVER.)

Bill

You have better odds of being hit by lightning on the deck, than a scheduled shuttle launch going off on time to watch.

Never plan your schedule around a shuttle launch.

If you get lucky and it goes off, like somebody said earlier, be thankful for a once in a lifetime show. (especially with only 2 or 3 more launches left, EVER.)

Bill

As of now 8 more launches are left. Hopefully i'll be at one of them.

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

Concerning comment about better chance of being hit by lightening. We got to experience that in Cozumel a few yeras ago, peeled an antenna like a banana. Got to see pictures from another RCCL ship taken about 4 AM of several bolts of lighting hitting Mariner. Captains comment next day, why was someone out at 4AM taking pictures and that the guy was wishing he could be on that big ship over there. Very noisy for a few mins, but very professional. Bob & Kathy

i was lucky enough to see a launch sept of 2006..it happened around noon time some ppl where on the ship and some of us werent..it was great to see b4 boarding the ship. a once and a life time thing for me

Hey Kerri that was a fun time. Sorry you had to tote around deanas suitcase :(

As of now 8 more launches are left. Hopefully i'll be at one of them.

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

It is going to be a long gap between the final shuttle launch and the 5 years to get the new program up and running.

I forget what the new program is going to be called,(Constellation maybe) but they had an hour special on it on the Science channel.

NASA is going back to the old rocket with capsule on top again, so they can build a moon base and send a crew to Mars. (Ares rocket I think)

The new rocket makes the old Apollo era rockets look small.

Bill

We live about 50 miles away and with clear skies we can see the shuttle (maybe 10 seconds after launch) from our yard...and it's really cool. Given your travel estimate, you'd be about the same distance. So if it does launch, you'd have a reasonable chance of seeing it.

Anyone traveling toward the coast on a launch day, be avised to allow plenty of time as you will have lots of company (coming back is even worse).

My wife and I have been invited down for a VIP visit for a launch in August. We get a private behind the scenes tour of the facility the day before the launch and then get picked up the day of the launch and are transported to the closest point one can watch. We'll be sitting beside the Astronaut's families...can't wait!

My wife and I have been invited down for a VIP visit for a launch in August. We get a private behind the scenes tour of the facility the day before the launch and then get picked up the day of the launch and are transported to the closest point one can watch. We'll be sitting beside the Astronaut's families...can't wait!

I was at a VIP visit for a night/predawn launch of the shuttle many yrs ago.. I was a great.. it turned night to day something I wll never forget..

we are going out on the glory on 8/8... one never knows ???

For what it's worth as to schedule time etc. Launch is scheduled for 7:39PM on 7/11. It was canx last two times due to leaks. If Glory leaves at 4PM as scheduled we should be about 60 miles down range or out in ocean depending on course. Should be a major bonus for people who don't live in area.

We live 15 miles from KSC and get to watch it on TN and then go out in yard to see it fly.

Will be on Glory for 65th BD. Bob & Kathy

A storm will probably cancel it next.:D

STeve

cert2.jpg.5b8d94172bd1926804821818130f7d9f.jpg

Archived