Help Newbie with questions on the room and program?

Where is the frequent cruise program on the Carnival site? I would like to learn about it.

Also I am looking at the Eastern Caribbean July 31, 2010 on the Carnival Dream ship. It says the Ocean view sleeps 5. Then says the twin beds don't make a King. I called up customer service for Carnival and asked if that meant Queen. He told me they dont go together at all :confused: So I made a comment that there was no way to sleep together in that room then. He laughed at me and said not unless you both can fit on a twin. The picture shows the beds together. I was wondering where the 2 pull down beds were but didn't even bother asking that question.

Can anyone help me?

I am just trying to figure out how to comfortably sleep 5. While I am cheap in nature I don't want to be crammed in either. My dh is a very picky person when it comes to the room we sleep in. I would rather use it on fun stuff but he is use to $500 a night rooms paid for by his job. I refuse to waste that kind of money on a room I sleep LOL.

So what is a good compromise on Carival. I saw the Oceanview room would get us a 7 night cruise for $4K which would be awesome. We were looking at the 5 night with RCCL for $5700 for the 2 bedroom royal family suite. I would much rather have a 7 night but still be under $6K.

Tammy

I don't have any personal experience with Dream or much of CCL - but the deck plans certainly qualify that the twins are not together when used for 5 folks.

Are the kids very young?

Five in a cabin, is pretty tight. And it is a catch22. If the kids are young, they can sleep and general use less room phsyically, but on the other hand are usually not good at keeping tidy and well organized.

Have you cruised before? Again, trying to know if you realize how small ship cabins are. The whole cabin is likely smaller than the bathroom at one of your DH's $500 rooms on land. Really.

Just with two adults - it can take abit of effort to keep a cabin organized and kept 'walk-able'.

If the kiddos are abit older - what about just adjoining rooms? Or an OV and an Inside just across the hall? You will need to book it with one adult listed in each, but no need to actually sleep that way - if the kids can handle being separated.

Dh and I have cruise twice on Majesty. We love the cruising gig. Well I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and dh really likes it LOL. He knows if I had my way the ski trip this winter would be cancelled LOL. I am fine with freezing my butt off for one vacation and then I get my caribbean vacation :D Our two cruises were just the short 3 night ones. I do know how small the rooms are on Majesty. The picture shows a couch with the bed so it seems the room is bigger. I do think we will look at the adjoining room instead though. For whatever reason I find the Carnival site difficult at times to go through.

Tammy

You might try going to this website. Join it for more info such as looking up specific cabin room number to see what the bed situation is. I always refer to this site before booking a cruise. Once a cruise is booked, then I go here to print deck plans etc.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

The site is free for many things but there is a lifetime membership fee that is worth it in my opinion.

You might try going to this website. Join it for more info such as looking up specific cabin room number to see what the bed situation is. I always refer to this site before booking a cruise. Once a cruise is booked, then I go here to print deck plans etc.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

The site is free for many things but there is a lifetime membership fee that is worth it in my opinion.

I will second that advice. I believe the lifetime fee was $12.99 and you have access to all kinds of information. I really enjoy looking at the photos of staterooms and you can even submit your own and get paid for them! Almost all the various cruise lines are listed so even if in 5 years you do a Disney cruise, you will be able to research the cabins.

Have you looked into maybe booking a suite? That way you have plenty of room as well as a nice balcony. Just a thought. Rooms across or connected can be another way to do it as well (inside for the kiddos, balcony for you! :p)

Unfortunately, the deck plans on the cruise line websites show a representative picture of an OV cabin, but not all cabins are configured the same. And I would bet that the cabins designed for 5 are not quite the same shape or configuration as the standard OV. We won't know until she (Dream) sails, and people come back with pictures. EM

Archived