What time to get to Pearl Harbor

cruiser123cba

It is still recommended that you arrive as early as possible in order to get to the Arizona as soon as you can. PH opens at 7:00 AM. Tickets are on a first come, first served basis. After you get your tickets and have your time, then there is a small museum, and various other places on the grounds to vist.

As was said hundreds of times, the earlier you get there, the less time on line and the quicker you get on your tour. You just never know what each day brings. While one person may arrive at 11:00, get a ticket right away and have no wait for a tour, that is the exception and not the norm. On the day you might want to go, there could be an excess of tourists thinking the same thing as you. As the old saying goes, the early bird gets on a tour first.

We did a tour w/Roberts in April. We didn't arrive until 7:40 on a Thursday. It was 9:15 before we got tickets. There were several buses that got ahead of us. You never know, it's best to get there early as possible.

I know that everyone says arrive early. On several visits to Pearl Harbor we have received tickets when arriving at 2 or after. I don't know if it is possible when you arrive early and a tour is not available for a couple hours to request tickets for a tour late in day. Possibly you can call them or send them an email with that question. It might not be necessary to take tickets for the next available tour. Then you could go have a great day and return to Pearl Harbor at the end of you day. I love being there at the end of the day when many of the visitors are gone and it is quite peaceful. Cherie

My DH & I went in May 08, arriving @ 7:15 am. There were many people in line in front of us, but we were in the first showing of the video of PH and on the first boat over to the memorial. Most of the people in front of us were with group tours, but I would suggest to get there very early. We were up at 4:30 am (jet lag, still on cst), so we ate a light breakfast & caught the city bus to PH.

most of the tour bus s get there early..we went to PH after our stint at

Aloha Stadium s flea market..

we arrived at 13:30 am and most of the tours had come and gone..we saw a bus arriving and ran to get our tickets:p

something to look forward to..

Ko-Olina005.jpg

most of the tour bus s get there early..we went to PH after our stint at

Aloha Stadium s flea market..

we arrived at 13:30 am and most of the tours had come and gone..we saw a bus arriving and ran to get our tickets:p

something to look forward to..

Ko-Olina005.jpg

I laughed when I read that you "ran to get our tickets." We always arrive late in the day and I drop someone to get tickets while I park. It is frightening to see a large limo or bus pull up just as you arrive. Hope you enjoyed your time at the flea market and PH. Cherie

We are doing PH in September. Approximately how long does it take ? DH wants to do the Arizona, Missouri and the Bowfin on the same day. Plus I would like to get over to the Flea market afterwards. We are being picked up about 6.15am.

Depending on how fast you want to go, if you get an early tour for the Arizona Memorial, you can be out of Pearl Harbor, maybe by 1-2:00. To us, PH was a once in a lifetime experience, and we tried to savor it all. I happen to know some one very well, who served on the Missouri in WWII and we had special interest in the ship, so we took our time on her.

YOu figure an hour for ther Arizona tour, time to get to the Missouri and tour the ship, maybe another hour or so, the Bowfin again another hour. There is time needed to store all your bags, maybe have a bite to eat especially if your there thru lunch.

I can't tell anyone how to see something like PH, but to me, you shouldn't rush thru it, just try and enjoy it all and take in your countries history, right there in front of you.

We were there in June. We got there about 8:45 and got tickets for 10:30, not too bad. The Arizona takes 75 minutes from the time on your ticket. We did not tour the Bowfin or the Missouri, so can't comment on those. Be sure to go to the Bowfin to get the tickets. You then have to walk a block or so around the construction to get to the entrance to the Arizona Museum. You will only have about 15 minutes on the actual memorial.

Archived