Ticker for iPod Touch and iPhone users

dobiemom

????

where what????

what am i missing here.....

Sorry, I should have said countdown clock. I just got my iPod Touch a few months ago and am amazed at all the stuff you can put on it, not just music and videos.

I started using the countdown clock/ticker it last night and it's so much fun!

Thanks for the heads up! I love my ITouch :)

same....it was fantastic on my cruise last year with the wifi. Also the weather application was good for seeing what the ports you were about to visit forcasts as well and the stocks back home were doing.

Have considerred updating to the iphone but like having the two seperate.

Some ships i believe have ipod connections in the staterooms which would be very handy.....

must have a look for the countdown clock...where did you find it?

regards

same....it was fantastic on my cruise last year with the wifi. Also the weather application was good for seeing what the ports you were about to visit forcasts as well and the stocks back home were doing.

Have considerred updating to the iphone but like having the two seperate.

Some ships i believe have ipod connections in the staterooms which would be very handy.....

must have a look for the countdown clock...where did you find it?

regards

I have never used my ITouch for the wifi on a cruise as I have a netbook, but it does make good sense and will have to play around with it on the next one. As far as the countdown clock I went to the APP store, searched "Ticker" and it came up. Problem was I couldn't figure out how to download it to the ITouch :confused: Princess doesn't have any mp3 connections, even in their suites, so I just take my "travel" speakers.

I have never used my ITouch for the wifi on a cruise as I have a netbook, but it does make good sense and will have to play around with it on the next one. As far as the countdown clock I went to the APP store, searched "Ticker" and it came up. Problem was I couldn't figure out how to download it to the ITouch :confused: Princess doesn't have any mp3 connections, even in their suites, so I just take my "travel" speakers.

\\i recently bought an audio and video cable for the ipod, it conects the the tv for playing movies and music. Great if you dont have your travel speakers with you, you can still play music through the television int he cabin and additionally while you are doing that you can have your travel pics also flicking over on the screen. My itouch was definately one of the best travel tools ive ever bought. off to look at the apllications now!

\\i recently bought an audio and video cable for the ipod, it conects the the tv for playing movies and music. Great if you dont have your travel speakers with you, you can still play music through the television int he cabin and additionally while you are doing that you can have your travel pics also flicking over on the screen. My itouch was definately one of the best travel tools ive ever bought. off to look at the apllications now!

Great Idea - thanks! I have several movies on the Touch. BTW - we loved New Zealand - did the Sydney to LA cruise a few years ago and it was the highlight of our cruise. Everyone was just so friendly :)

I'm not sure how it works (I'm technically challenged) but when I downloaded it, it showed up in my iTunes. I then synced my iPod and it was there!

Wow, I didn't even think about having my own movies playing. And what a great idea to have your pictures on the TV like a giant digital photo frame. Did you get the cable at an Apple store or can you get it most anywhere?

WE will cruising on the Caribbean Princess in three weeks. Can my son bring his ipod?

He has tons of great music etc. on it. Please explain what we may need to buy in order to

use it if it will work on the ship.

Thanks............:>)!

Great Idea - thanks! I have several movies on the Touch. BTW - we loved New Zealand - did the Sydney to LA cruise a few years ago and it was the highlight of our cruise. Everyone was just so friendly :)

haha...glad we were able to help...we try our best here downunder!...come back.....anytime!

Wow, I didn't even think about having my own movies playing. And what a great idea to have your pictures on the TV like a giant digital photo frame. Did you get the cable at an Apple store or can you get it most anywhere?

bought the audio cable through apple itunes, was great..about $usd45 i think..all done in once transaction and delivered in a few days. There are a few knock off ones you can buy through other sites but from what in understand from friends who have them they are not as reliable and the sound and picture quality not as good as mine.

Ive used it at parties on board, i downloaded the pictures of previous ports we had been to and some of the party goers got a real buzz when their pics came up. I had preloaded a couple of party type playlists to it so it was just plug in and turn on.

As for the movies, I found it relieved the monotony of the ship boards tv ones.....even on my 16gb I can get quite a few on it.

WE will cruising on the Caribbean Princess in three weeks. Can my son bring his ipod?

He has tons of great music etc. on it. Please explain what we may need to buy in order to

use it if it will work on the ship.

Thanks............:>)!

try the audio cable im talking about to plug into your cabin tv., or you might look at the travel speakers you can get. I have a set that has a built in battery, so they can be played either on ac or dc. Although a travel set, I also have them year round in my study as the sound is great . Bose make them as do apple and itech. Try googling them or your local computor store. Will make a big difference to your enjoyment if you speand a bit of time in your cabin......regards roscoe

bought the audio cable through apple itunes, was great..about $usd45 i think..all done in once transaction and delivered in a few days. There are a few knock off ones you can buy through other sites but from what in understand from friends who have them they are not as reliable and the sound and picture quality not as good as mine.

Ive used it at parties on board, i downloaded the pictures of previous ports we had been to and some of the party goers got a real buzz when their pics came up. I had preloaded a couple of party type playlists to it so it was just plug in and turn on.

As for the movies, I found it relieved the monotony of the ship boards tv ones.....even on my 16gb I can get quite a few on it.

Thanks, Roscoe!

Archived