Travel Channel Cruises We Love

BroncosFan2010

I have not seen a galley brunch on Regent, either even on an 11 day sailing.

They (Regent) may have discontinued the galley lunch on recent cruises but they certainly had them in the past. We have reached Platinum level so you know we have taken quite a few Regent cruises and I remember very well going into the galley and choosing from a million items.

Wes, you are right on with your explanation of "all inclusive". Let's hope they drop the charges on the Spirit by the Jan. 3rd cruise. I'm eagerly looking forward to the new ship.

BTW, I didn't get the exciting email yesterday with news of ??? which was promised last week. Did anyone else?

Jean

They (Regent) may have discontinued the galley lunch on recent cruises but they certainly had them in the past. We have reached Platinum level so you know we have taken quite a few Regent cruises and I remember very well going into the galley and choosing from a million items.

Wes, you are right on with your explanation of "all inclusive". Let's hope they drop the charges on the Spirit by the Jan. 3rd cruise. I'm eagerly looking forward to the new ship.

BTW, I didn't get the exciting email yesterday with news of ??? which was promised last week. Did anyone else?

Jean

I found your first post confusing. I mentioned from the get go that I thought you were talking about the specialty restaurant but for those who are not familiar with any of the lines they would think that you meant that Seabourn and Regent are all inclusive and Silversea is not and that is not the case.

We are looking forward to our first sailing on Silversea but we have read enough about it that we have a very good sense of what is included and what is not. We have sailed some of the other luxury lines so we have a good sense as well.

Keith

To get back to the topic, I thought it was a great review of the Shadow; I have never been on Silversea and look forward to my first cruise with them in November. I didn't know SS had galley brunches! I've been on Seabourn a few times and they have them on longer cruises.

It was nice to get a closer look at the Shadow on this program, I really like the pool area. Can anyone tell me some really nice places to get a beautiful view of the ocean, closer than six or seven decks up? I will miss the forward jacuzzi on deck 5 of Seabourn; it's at the very bow and I always spent a lot of time up there just taking in the incredible view of the sea and sky.

I completely forgot to watch/record the show, but after reading these posts, it seems that I did not miss much.

I feel better now about having missed it.:p

Yes, don't worry that you missed it. My only major takeaway from the show was the pool which they continually showed. As I said, if we had not yet booked our cruise, this program would have done absolutely nothing to help us with the decision. Thank goodness for digital video recording or for TIVO.

Keith

Keith, do hope you are planning to post while Anne Marie and you are sailing on your

upcoming Silversea cruise. Your posting (pls see link below) while on your recent March, LA to Hong Kong Crystal paired with the beautiful pictures you posted were the absolute bomb--probably the most detail, best sea mail posting I have been fortunate to read...and only 9500+ Crystal, et.al CC readers enjoyed your post. And you also found time to compose a Blog..my guess is you never sleep. In any case, if you plan to post at sea, please let us know when to bookmark & mark our CC calendars.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=941925

ColonelWes, thank you very much for the kind words about the posting. I haven't quite decided if we will do a lengthly posting each day we are on the ship or a review when we return. Will probably decide either right before the cruise or literally on day 1. Either way, whatever we do I will post on this board.

Keith

Archived