Do prices always drop closer to sail date?

saileeney

Just wondering. The prices for our sail date (Aug. 2 Gem) have gone way up since we booked and I was thinking about paying for an upgrade to a suite but right now the cheapest available suites (AC) are almost twice what we paid for our mini suite (AF).

We still have about 4 weeks until our cruise. Do you think the chances are pretty good the prices will drop as we get closer? I'll be happy with what we have now but if there's a chance I would love a suite!

Thanks

~Aileen

possible...yes

always..no

the last 2 cruise, we went on, the prices were lower 6 months, or more, out. no last minute price drops. we seem to pick popular cruises at popular time?

since the final payment is long past, it sounds like they didn't have a lot of cancellations...?

and I blew it. About two months before our cruise, there was a guarantee balcony for just $100 more than I paid for an OV. I assumed that I could wait just a bit longer to see the trend. It was gone a day or two later, never to return. The balconies went way up. So, jump when you have the opportunity.

Thanks to everyone for your replies! You really know your stuff! I checked the NCL website this morning and my cruise date isn't even listed anymore. Does that mean it is sold out completly now? Last night I checked and there were still several available cabins. Could it have sold out over night? Wow!

Thanks again!:)

~A

You have read my mind. We want to book the Dawn for next May but just got off the phone with our TA and he said if it makes you feel better, lets put a date of September 1rst for looking for deals and if not, we are still far enough out to get a decent price. I hope so.

I checked on my mom's cruise a few weeks ago and it was gone. I called and they said it probably will be back up in a few hours. When it was back on-line the prices were higher. Possibly they are adjusting the fare.

We booked in January or February for our cruise in two weeks. I got the larger inside cabin I wanted. My category inside is gone but there are other insides available for $160 less than I paid. It doesn't bother me because I got the cabin I wanted and $160 isn't that much.

Thanks to everyone for your replies! You really know your stuff! I checked the NCL website this morning and my cruise date isn't even listed anymore. Does that mean it is sold out completly now? Last night I checked and there were still several available cabins. Could it have sold out over night? Wow!

~A

They were probably doing the upsells and giving the GTYs their cabins. It will probably come back on the website with some changes.

~A

There is still a couple more weeks for people to bale out, for a fee, so some cabins could still open up for a last minute deal. If a high end cabin opens they will offer it to someone who is already booked (NCL has revieved a fee from the people who canceled so they really are not taking a loss) and then resale their cabin to a new booking.

Archived