Reasonable breakfast rest. near Pan Pacific

I had read that there is a small shopping plaza - I believe attached to the Pan Pacific. Would this plaza have any reasonably priced breakfast restaurants that would be quick so we could grab some breakfast prior to riding the Hop On Hop Off bus?

Thank you!

The food court is in the Waterfront Centre which is across the street from the Pan Pacific. In the court there is a Ricky's Urban Diner and a Tim Horton's Donut store...which is a fave in Canada, an upscale Dunkin's if you will.

Yes it would - there is a McDonald's - Tim Horton's and a place called Ricki's Grill all in the Waterfront Center Mall - just go from the Pan Pacific - down the stairs and around the corner and you are there. Will try and find a link to the mall - I think PD has posted it before.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks PD and UT! I knew you'd come through!

Tim Horton's I know for sure....I'm a fellow Canadian, eh?

Glad to know there is a few choices nearby.

You are both amazing and I thank you kindly for answering all of my west coast travel questions. Can't wait to see Vancouver and all the sights!

Have a good weekend!

...I detest TH's lousy coffee cup lids....I hope they read this.;)

Yes yes yes! Me too! I cannot negotiate the Tim lids. I thought I was deficient in some way because I seemed to be the only one who ever complained about them! I like a lid with a "spout", if you will... a sippy cup for adults! :D

I prefer Artigiano over Starbucks/Tim Hortons. It is a Vancouver-based company that serves GREAT coffee. Their breakfast paninis are good too. The price point for food is a little higher than McD's or Timmy's, though, but the quality is so much better. Their price point compared to Starbucks is almost the same, but again, quality is so much better - Starbucks, IMHO, can't even compare.

The closest Artigiano to the Pan Pacific is on Hastings between Howe and Granville, so it it not as close as McD's and TImmy's, but worth the 5 minute walk IMHO. http://www.caffeartigiano.com/locations.html

So which hotel is which here? Which one is the Fairmont Waterfront or are there two buildings named Fairmont?

Which one (1,2,3) is over the top of this infamous food court and where is the McDonalds?

Okay, #2 is the Fairmont Waterfront, and the food court runs underneath and between 1 and 2. You can access the food court from street level, the Pan Pacific (via an underground walkway that goes under the street), or from the Fairmont Waterfront. Take your pick.

That's a really old image - looks like they hadn't started work on the new convention center.

If you click on the image that I uploaded you will get a better lay of the land to the far left is part of the Pan Pacific - in the middle is the Waterfront Center Plaza and on the right is the Waterfront Hotel

Hope this helps - image was taken on Canada Day.

Cheers

415196701_CanadaDayJuly12009011.jpg.95acddb4157df1f78f859af233a69ea4.jpg

I had read that there is a small shopping plaza - I believe attached to the Pan Pacific. Would this plaza have any reasonably priced breakfast restaurants that would be quick so we could grab some breakfast prior to riding the Hop On Hop Off bus?

Much discussion here, but I'd like to suggest something somewhat better than starting your day at McDonalds, Tim Horton's or Starbucks. I'd really like to not leave a bad taste in your mouth with your visit to Vancouver.

Breakfast: Moose's Down Under, on the south side 830 W.Pender St @ Hornby roughly (it's 1 floor down from street level) next to the Van City Savings.

Coffee: Either of Caffe Artigiano (home of the Canadian Barista champions for the past 4 or 5 years). This is coffee at its very very best. Closest to Canada Place is 744 W.Hastings @ Howe. Or, for something a little less 'chain', try Mario's, on Howe St @ Dunsmuir.

Scoozi's on Howe St is a great fave amongst the business community but not sure that they are open on weekends....never worked on weekends.

As for good coffee, the Daily Roast in Sechelt or as well call it the "Roast" super coffee and even better pastries I grab one of their their cinnamon knots on the way to the golf club a couple of mornings a week...not convenient to Canada Place though.:D

http://www.scoozis.ca/

Much discussion here, but I'd like to suggest something somewhat better than starting your day at McDonalds, Tim Horton's or Starbucks. I'd really like to not leave a bad taste in your mouth with your visit to Vancouver.

Breakfast: Moose's Down Under, on the south side 830 W.Pender St @ Hornby roughly (it's 1 floor down from street level) next to the Van City Savings.

Coffee: Either of Caffe Artigiano (home of the Canadian Barista champions for the past 4 or 5 years). This is coffee at its very very best. Closest to Canada Place is 744 W.Hastings @ Howe. Or, for something a little less 'chain', try Mario's, on Howe St @ Dunsmuir.

I also vote for Caffe Artigiano. If there are any coffee lovers out there who are also chocolate lovers, try Mink on your way back to the cruise ship. It is quite close to Canada Place. I introduced it to a friend of mine and she said she wishes I hadn't because she now manages to go there every day.

http://www.minkchocolates.com/flash.php?action=index.xml

Viv

I know it was probably covered in other areas but do all of the suggestions listed above take visa or mastercard credit cards? I am a Starbucks fan but if there is something out there that is better, I want to try it. We'll only be in Vancouver for 1 night so I want to take as little foreign currency as possible.

I know it was probably covered in other areas but do all of the suggestions listed above take visa or mastercard credit cards? I am a Starbucks fan but if there is something out there that is better, I want to try it. We'll only be in Vancouver for 1 night so I want to take as little foreign currency as possible.

Indeed, they all (perhaps not Mario's), but Artigiano definitely

They will take credit cards but be aware that your bank card might not work as a debit card in Canada.

Viv

Scottbee: Thank you for the link to Mooses downunder. I printed out the breakfast menu for my DH and he is very excited to try Mooses. He's always been one to eat a good breakfast because you don't know what's down the road for the rest of the day. Especially when traveling and a possibility of getting stuck somewhere. We'll be staying at the PP and from looking at their menus, it's a bit pricey for brekkie. :)

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Colette

Yes yes yes! Me too! I cannot negotiate the Tim lids. I thought I was deficient in some way because I seemed to be the only one who ever complained about them! I like a lid with a "spout", if you will... a sippy cup for adults! :D

Timmy lids (and coffee) suck :(

I like the sippy cups waay better

That said, I do like Ice Capps, soup and sandwiches at Timmy's.

My company coordinates events at Canada Place from time to time, there is a great food Court under Pan Pacific, is this the same food court everyone is talking about??? There is/was a wonderful healthfood place there with great fresh pressed juices, oatmeal, breakfast pastries, fruits and yogurts that I would eat at every morning.

They also had a great fast food but really good Mexican place at that food court called La Tortilla....I had some great lunches there as well.

Loreal use to laugh at me because I would forgo the catered breakfast/lunch to go down to the food court to eat :eek:

Plus in sunny mornings/days you had the option of eating outside.

Scottbee: Thank you for the link to Mooses downunder. I printed out the breakfast menu for my DH and he is very excited to try Mooses. He's always been one to eat a good breakfast because you don't know what's down the road for the rest of the day. Especially when traveling and a possibility of getting stuck somewhere. We'll be staying at the PP and from looking at their menus, it's a bit pricey for brekkie. :)

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Colette

I'll be honest, I've never had their breakfasts, but if their lunches are anything to go by, it'll be fantastic. For lunch Moose's serve the best soup and salad in the downtown core...

Archived