Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants (suite perk question)

How does this work exactly? Is there always enough seating? Which specialty restaurants (on IOS)?

I would like to know also. We're travelling on the IOS in November in a GS.

Anyone used this "perk" yet?

Happy Cruising,

TnT

We used it a few times on the Navigator of the Seas in April. It was REALLY nice when it was difficult to find a table in the main Windjammer/Jade area. There was always plenty of room and the service was also much better.

You just show them your Gold Suite Card on your way in and that's it. On the Navigator it was always in Portofino, sorry don't know about on IOS.

We used the perk every day for breakfast on our recent trip on the Mariner. Always plenty of room and the servers are really more relaxed. It helped us becuase we never had to hurry for breakfast, and we always had a window seat. If you want to know which place it is, just check with your cabin steward or the concierge. Otherwise, they usually have a sign out front.

We are in a Jr. Suite on AOS in August. This will be the first time for us in a suite. What other perks do suite guests receive??

Junior suites are not full suites and do NOT get the suite amenities to my knowledge

How does this work exactly? Is there always enough seating? Which specialty restaurants (on IOS)?

On IOS, you can use Portofino. You just get your food in the WJ and show your suite SS card to the person at the door in Portofino. Then you can bring your food into there.

I didn't use it on Indy, but I was talking to another family on the same sailing who did. She said it was fine.

We are in a Jr. Suite on AOS in August. This will be the first time for us in a suite. What other perks do suite guests receive??

You do not get suite perks, sorry. :( You are not in a "true" suite. Only Grand Suites and above get suite perks. I know I know, naming it a Junior Suite is as clear as mud. ;)

I would imagine that it was not offered on the Radiance class...because the guest would have to come from the Windjammer on deck eleven, down to deck 6 where Portofino and Chops are...that would be inconvenient to say the least...

But on ships that have the specialty restaurants located close by it is a real treat...I love it...I particularly love the table clothes on the table, and the service is nice too. Defiantly a nice perk.

Also, is this perk available to Diamond+ too (like the Concierge Lounge) or only for GS and higher?

We have enjoyed this perk on the Mariner of the Seas on several occasions. It has always been held in Chops, where there is a waiter to serve a variety of juices, coffee or tea.....or water.:)

It is only for the full suite guests....starting with the GS's and up.

Rick

My family and I are going to be in an OS on AOS in April. Is this perk available on that ship? Also, my inlaws will be in a JS on the same cruise - can they join us in the specialty restaurant (if they walk in with us)?

And just so I'm clear - we still need to get the food in WJ and then go to Portofino's to eat it right?

Thanks for all the help!

My family and I are going to be in an OS on AOS in April. Is this perk available on that ship? Also, my inlaws will be in a JS on the same cruise - can they join us in the specialty restaurant (if they walk in with us)?

!

One of you should walk in with an inlaw then both couples will be eligible :D

One of you should walk in with an inlaw then both couples will be eligible :D

That might work!! :D

Just curious because I know we will all want to eat breakfast and dinner together (except for the night DH and I will be in Portofino's not sure what night that will be yet). I know it can be hard to find a table for 6 just about anywhere so...

Thanks!

And just so I'm clear - we still need to get the food in WJ and then go to Portofino's to eat it right?

Thanks for all the help!

As long as they do not ask to see all SeaPass cards you may be OK.

Staying in an OS you will have a gold SeaPass card and it will say "Suite" across the top.

Your inlaws will have a silver SeaPass card and it will say "Junior Suite" across the top.

As long as they do not ask to see all SeaPass cards you may be OK.

Staying in an OS you will have a gold SeaPass card and it will say "Suite" across the top.

Your inlaws will have a silver SeaPass card and it will say "Junior Suite" across the top.

Thanks!

BTW - when is your first granddaughter due? And when are you taking her on her first cruise?? ;)

Congrats!

Thanks!

BTW - when is your first granddaughter due? And when are you taking her on her first cruise?? ;)

Congrats!

Thanks so much. She is due 9/9/09.......but we know she will be early. DIL is high risk for a pre-mature birth. So, she is on bed rest until the little one decides she wants to make her grand entrance.

Haven't even thought about her first cruise yet. :)

Thanks so much. She is due 9/9/09.......but we know she will be early. DIL is high risk for a pre-mature birth. So, she is on bed rest until the little one decides she wants to make her grand entrance.

Haven't even thought about her first cruise yet. :)

Not much longer now! Couple months (or weeks if she's expected early). My prayers are with you that everything will go smoothly and everyone will be ok. Enjoy all the time you can with her while she's small - they grow up too fast (speaking from a mother's point of view, but I'm sure my MIL would agree with me!).

Thanks for all the help!

Not to be ugly ( and I generally do NOT book a suite) - If you want to eat together, you should find a table in the windjammer. The same will go for the pool and other suite reserved areas.

M

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to know also. We're travelling on the IOS in November in a GS.

Anyone used this "perk" yet?

Happy Cruising,

TnT

Hi There

when are you traveling were on the 1st November sailing, Dave upgraded us yesterday to a Grand Suite (I'm so excited now :eek: ), I noticed suite guests used chops when we sailed on the Indy in May this year, wearing that gold card around my neck on a clip will come in very handy... he he

On IOS, you can use Portofino. You just get your food in the WJ and show your suite SS card to the person at the door in Portofino. Then you can bring your food into there.

When I first saw this thread I thought breakfast in the speciality restaurant was a new perk for suite guests. Well, I guess it is, but I was thinking you were served as well. Didn't realize you still had to go in WJ and get you own food. So they are just offering suite guests a different place to sit down? WOW!!!!!

You don't HAVE to eat in the WJ for breakfast and lunch..the dining room is open for those meals, and you're SERVED (it's not a buffet, so there's no searching for a table--you're seated at a table!) It's MUCH nicer than the buffet!!!!!

Archived