Hotel in Venice convenient to ship?

2relax

Could anyone please advise me on a hotel for Venice that would be good for one night at the end of a cruise ... one that's relatively easy to get to from the ship with all the luggage? And within walking distance of St. Marks?

Thanks!

Lynn

No such place: you want to be near the ship or near St. Marks, you cannot have both. Since there is no point in going to Venice and not being near St. Marks, you should focus on that. Try Hotel Gabrielle Sandwirth - in an old palace - five minutes from St Marks, and right on the canal where boats for all points (including the port) are available. also, the boat from Marco Polo airport lands within 50 yards of the hotel (I've stayed there twice -it's great).

thanks ... i guess i was unclear in that question. i just meant that the hotel would be relatively easy to get to from the ship with all the luggage that we'd have. St. Marks location is perfect. And thanks for the feedback so far!

lynn

We are to older ladies with mobility issues, and with the luggage added, we opted to stay in Piazzale Roma at Ca' Doge Hotel and bought a Vaporetto pass. It worked out really well for us. Other than having to pay Princess $24 pp for the 5 minute ride to Piazzale Roma. Bus to the airport, taxi's, vaporetto, visitors center are all located right at Piazzale Roma. Hopped on the vaporetto to San Marco and on to Murano. Santa Chiara Hotel is also right at Piazzale Roma. And neither of these hotels are as expensive as staying in San Marco.

We stayed in the Piazzale Roma area as well (at the Sofitel) - it's easy to get there from the ship as you can go by taxi or shuttle rather than by water. We walked from the hotel to Piazza San Marco in about 20-25 minutes (or as mentioned above, you can get on a vaporetto at P. Roma to go to S. Marco.)

Getting to the airport was very easy and inexpensive on the airport bus from Piazzale Rome.

agabbymama

Have you stayed in Santa Chiara??? Do you know if there is any private transportation from the port to Piazza Roma??? There will be 8 of us going. Any tips for this area would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cheryl

Archived