lost future cruise certificate?

I have searched this topic and didn't see any posts on it, so here goes. I am wondering if anyone has lost their future cruise certificate, and what the outcome has been.

I have looked everywhere, and can't find mine. I thought I put it in my safe, but it isn't there. I intend to look for a few more days, then call Carnival and see if they will issue a replacement. In the meantime, I wondered if anyone else had the same dumb luck?

It is the program where you are able to put a $100 deposit down when you are onboard, good towards a future cruise. You get a certificate that you are supposed to mail in when you book a cruise, and they credit the $100 toward your balance, and give you $100 OBC.

They told us to treat it like cash, do NOT lose it. Carnival doesnt do many of these things by computer, so it would be hard to trace it for them. Thats why they require you to snail mail it in ... they process they by hand.

I'm happy (and relieved!) to report that Carnival recently honored our lost certificates. DH and I had bought the certificates during our New Year's Cruise Dec. 2008.

Then we booked a New Year's cruise for Dec. 2009 before we remembered we had bought the certificates. After we remembered them, we realized we had no idea where they were. We looked high and low, but couldn't find them.

Finally DH called Carnival and asked what we could do. They looked us up in the computer, found that we'd purchased them, and honored the OBC that you receive with the certificates.

Just give Carnival a call.

Shelley- thanks for the good news. I just called and the CVS I spoke with was very nice and helpful, and said he just needed to call another department to confirm the certificate. They were actually closed, so he gave me the number to call back tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Shhh, don't tell firefly. ;)

Shelley- thanks for the good news. I just called and the CVS I spoke with was very nice and helpful, and said he just needed to call another department to confirm the certificate. They were actually closed, so he gave me the number to call back tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

My fingers are crossed for you. I'm the Queen of Misplacing so I hope everything works out for you. Please let us know.

We purchased two of the certificates last year, only to find out this month that they are not combinable with the military discount. I understand that there are certain exclusions, but when I originally purchased, I was told that they would work with the military discount :confused:.

Carnival will refund my original money (a year later) but I don't get the OBC. Oh well, the military discount is so good, that it will compensate us for the hassle with Carnival. I only wish that the person originally selling the certificates had been honest up-front: If they were.....I would'nt even had bought the certificates.

??? I never said they couldnt replace them?? I said they said it was difficult.

Princess and RCL track them by computer, Carnival needs to wise up. It shouldnt be as hard as it is. You seem to think I said that it couldnt be replaced, which isnt what I said, I was saying difficult due to lack of computer tracking. You can always dispute the charge if its within 6 months of the charge, but they know that and will replace it, just should be easier, and all you need is the certificate # was my point. thats all I need with princess and RCL, the # on the cert and I call it in. easy peasy.

We purchased two of the certificates last year, only to find out this month that they are not combinable with the military discount. I understand that there are certain exclusions, but when I originally purchased, I was told that they would work with the military discount :confused:.

Carnival will refund my original money (a year later) but I don't get the OBC. Oh well, the military discount is so good, that it will compensate us for the hassle with Carnival. I only wish that the person originally selling the certificates had been honest up-front: If they were.....I would'nt even had bought the certificates.

I got some wrong info at first too, sorry they didnt tell you it wasnt combinable. Maybe you will book a early booking rate and use it?? Its good for 5 years.

btw when I cancelled with Princess, all I had to do was tell them my name and they easily looked it up.

Carnival needs to get "with it". It is so dumb to have to snail mail these certificates in to get them applied. (rant over).

??? I never said they couldnt replace them?? I said they said it was difficult.

Princess and RCL track them by computer, Carnival needs to wise up. It shouldnt be as hard as it is. You seem to think I said that it couldnt be replaced, which isnt what I said, I was saying difficult due to lack of computer tracking. You can always dispute the charge if its within 6 months of the charge, but they know that and will replace it, just should be easier, and all you need is the certificate # was my point. thats all I need with princess and RCL, the # on the cert and I call it in. easy peasy.

I know firefly- it was meant to be a joke, it is okay. :)

Well, I am relieved to report that it was a happy ending. I called the number I was given this morning, and she was able to look up my certificate number using my past guest number. I then gave her my current booking number, and she applied the credit and OBC!!!

I have to say that it was a fairly straight-forward experience. Kudos to Carnival for providing great customer service.

Firefly- I have to agree with you. It is obvious that they have the data they need. Before she found out I was already booked, she was simply going to give me the certificate number with instructions to call the promotions department when I booked.

It seems that the disconnect is that you can't give that same number to a PVP or CVS and/or enter it online. They should find a way to connect the systems.

Well, I am relieved to report that it was a happy ending. I called the number I was given this morning, and she was able to look up my certificate number using my past guest number. I then gave her my current booking number, and she applied the credit and OBC!!!

I have to say that it was a fairly straight-forward experience. Kudos to Carnival for providing great customer service.

Firefly- I have to agree with you. It is obvious that they have the data they need. Before she found out I was already booked, she was simply going to give me the certificate number with instructions to call the promotions department when I booked.

It seems that the disconnect is that you can't give that same number to a PVP or CVS and/or enter it online. They should find a way to connect the systems.

I had a different discount and the told me the reason they required you to snail mail it in was that some people might try to get the same certificate applied twice. (a computer tracking system could stop this??!!), and she went on, not that she thought I would do it blah blah blah. She did make me wonder what would have happen if I said yes it was lost.

Sorry you sent through that. I was able to use my Military discount and the certificate on my cruise last June (2008). Good to know this has changed... :rolleyes:

Archived