Are SV cabins worth the price difference?

Cruise Junky

Hi Cruise Junky, Not sure that this will help too much as we have never sailed Azamara (First cruise coming up in April 2010) and have never had an aft cabin (but have a SV booked for the Az cruise). I searched both the Az and the Cabin Selection Tips threads and got a lot of information and a few photos.....most spoke really highly of these balconies and some even said they were some of the best on the ship...a few had issues with vibration and a little soot....which others dismissed as minimal. Bottom line for me was that the positive post seemed to outweigh the negative ones substantially. We also have friends that have been with Princess in aft cabins and had great things to say about them. On Az I believe the balconies are slightly bigger but cabin size is the same. We had originally booked a 2A but changed to the SV after all the reading. However we are on Az for 24days and I to use the balcony a lot so for me slightly bigger with great views was what won me over. I guess only you can decide if the increase in price is worth it. Perhaps reading some of the thread might help you make up your mind.

Deb.

Only you know what $600 means to you.:)

On a port-intensive itinerary, I would save the $600 for shore activities, but on a sea day one (e.g. transatlantic or Panama Canal), I'd want all the balcony I could get. I love the cabins on the stern of any ship, soot, vibrations and all.

Aft balconies are the best. There's nothing like staring out at the wake. However, I believe on the Quest and Journey, the aft balconies, unlike the side ones, don't have rails. They're solid steel. If you're lying in bed you won't be looking out at the ocean. I think......

Archived