The Definitive Shareholder Benefit Thread - Read This First!

VibeGuy

Yes, it is down close to $10 from its recent high

Yes, it is..from when I first started looking, it's gone down pretty good. Obviously, I had an amount in mind, and I won't let it go back up too much without a buy in place.

We've joined the rest of you. Our autobuy bought 128 shares today. Sure hope we like our first Princess cruise and it will be the first of many.

And just like that (snapping fingers) you've earned $250 on your purchase. Pretty good, right? :D Enjoy your first of many Princess cruises. BTW, I noticed you also cruises HAL. Now there's another outlet for you.

Edited by Pia1913

And just like that (snapping fingers) you've earned $250 on your purchase. Pretty good, right? :D Enjoy your first of many Princess cruises. BTW, I noticed you also cruises HAL. Now there's another outlet for you.

Thanks. We also sail Carnival..that is also included, correct?

Thanks. We also sail Carnival..that is also included, correct?

Yes it is. We've used the benefit several times on both Carnival and HAL (4 times in 2008 alone!). We're looking forward to our first Princess cruise this coming December 4th on the Crown where it will be used once again. :)

I love this benefit!

Is it too late to purchase stock to get the benefit now? My cruise leaving July 29 (13 days cruise), I have 30 days before it sail. If I brought the stock in a few days, will I be able to get the benefit for my July 29 cruise (OBC $100).

LS.

Is it too late to purchase stock to get the benefit now? My cruise leaving July 29 (13 days cruise), I have 30 days before it sail. If I brought the stock in a few days, will I be able to get the benefit for my July 29 cruise (OBC $100).

LS.

It's not too late to purchase the stock, but keep in mind that last I checked it was over $32 a share and you need 100 shares to get the credit. So, unless you plan on a long term investment or cruise often, I would not even consider paying that price for CCL stock right now.

snapping fingers AND sending that fax to Carnival requesting the benefit be applied...

The way Carnival stock bounces up and down and if you are buying it with the intention of keeping it to go on at least a couple of cruises I would say buy the stock, get the cruise credit and go on a bunch of other cruises.

We have been using it for a number of years now and although the price of the stock has been all over the place the cruise credits are better than the dividends that some of my other investments are paying.

Have a great next cruise.

It's not too late to purchase the stock, but keep in mind that last I checked it was over $32 a share and you need 100 shares to get the credit. So, unless you plan on a long term investment or cruise often, I would not even consider paying that price for CCL stock right now.

I don't think you even need to cruise often (or stay long term) to get more from the obc than some other 'good' stocks are paying out! Percentage wise, that's a pretty good return right now in this market.

What shares do I need to buy? Are they carnival plc or carnival Corp. I am looking on the stock exchange and don't know what I am looking for!!!! Kimberley

You want to buy a minimum of 100 shares of CCL (Carnival Corp.)

Edited by Pia1913

What shares do I need to buy? Are they carnival plc or carnival Corp. I am looking on the stock exchange and don't know what I am looking for!!!! Kimberley

Carnival Corporation traades on both the New York Stock Exchange (ticker symbol is CCL) and on the London Exchange (I think the ticker is CUK, but not certain). You can buy it on either.

Since you list UK as your home it is probably easier for you to buy it on the London Exchange

Edited by paul929207

Ticker for the UK stock is also CCL

You can see prices for LON and NYSE at

http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=LON:CCL and

http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=NYSE:CCL

Prices have been sliding for the last week, and are currently almost at a 6 month low after a volatile day. If you are buying just for the OBC, this is not a bad time to buy. Latest prices $35.21 or £23.24

Although its listed in NY and London, the value of shares seems to be priced in US$, and London prices reflect the varying exchange rate as much as they reflect the value of the company.

Ok - we are in. Just bought 100 shares at $32.35 - getting ready to fax the info to Princess for our July 21st cruise....yeah!!!

I used Ing Direct Sharebuilders and did it all online...pretty easy....I figure with just the cruises we have booked so far (3) we will be getting $600 OBC in uner 2 years - great return on the investment.

Thanks all - let the cruising begin.

Dolores

Ok - we are in. Just bought 100 shares at $32.35 - getting ready to fax the info to Princess for our July 21st cruise....yeah!!!

I used Ing Direct Sharebuilders and did it all online...pretty easy....I figure with just the cruises we have booked so far (3) we will be getting $600 OBC in uner 2 years - great return on the investment.

Dolores

It is like getting a tax free dividend. We bought the stock a year ago and already got $1000 in obc

Dolores

Dolores, definitely worth that investment, congratulations! :)

I bought my stock yesterday, my husband faxed in the required paperwork. I asked for an e-mail confirmation & WOW!!!! barely a few hours after it was sent this morning- it was POSTED!!

KUDOS to Princess!!

Bernadette