The Definitive Shareholder Benefit Thread - Read This First!

VibeGuy

Thanks again to all for the information and instructions for getting the shareholder credit. I sent the information to Liza via email with attachemtns and she replied the following day. In checking our account, the credit was posted to our account. Way to go!

Well, $147 of it will take care of one person's gratuities and the other person will only have a $44 shortfall. Nice.

The ruling on OBC is that you can't use it for gratuities.

The ruling on OBC is that you can't use it for gratuities.

The credit goes on to your shipboard account. The account just deletes each day's charges until you plus in. The account doesn't know the difference between booze and tips. Yes, you can use it.

I have an ING Sharebuilder account, but what is the online brokerage most of you guys use? I am thinking about buying 100 shares.

I use a Canadian bank ...so that won't help you. Why wouldn't you just use your ING account that is already set...the setting up of a new account is a pain.

I use a Canadian bank ...so that won't help you. Why wouldn't you just use your ING account that is already set...the setting up of a new account is a pain.

I opened this account years ago, and I don't have much experience with stocks and stuff. I have an account with NRS through my employer, but it's managed so I just send them money and they do the rest.

I opened this account years ago, and I don't have much experience with stocks and stuff. I have an account with NRS through my employer, but it's managed so I just send them money and they do the rest.

Look at Ameritrade. Also perhaps Fidelity, though I think you might need to open an account with them.

All the sites are pretty easy to use. Check a couple out or ask around. Someone you know (family, friends, co-worker, etc) must use one of the discount brokers and be willing to help

I have an ING Sharebuilder account, but what is the online brokerage most of you guys use? I am thinking about buying 100 shares.

The ING account is about the easiest to use. Since you already have it, use it.

Yea I think I will.

If you use funds in a regular ING account, the trade will be made immediately (if during market hours).

If you are transferring funds from another financial institution (electronically), the trade will be made after the funds are received.

Edited by caribill

• 1 month later...
If I purchase CCL stock, which lines is it (are it) good on?

All lines under the Carnival Corporation umbrella. Major lines included are Princess, Carnival, Holland America, P&O, Cunard, Seabourn & Costa.

• 3 weeks later...

So this is the first time since Feb 2009 we return to sail Princess... I emailed Liza at her old email address and left a message on her voice mail California time 9:30am.

She called me back California time 3pm, informing me the email needs to be sent to shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com. It will take 3 to 5 business days to process the request. I told her I used the note written down in my "cruise file" for her old email address. She said I need to read shareholder annual report... Somehow, she does not sound as nice as in previous occasions I contacted her on the same subject. Granted it was almost 2 years ago.

She sounds a bit cold despite being polite. I suppose that she knows the price we paid is very low, but it is not a Flash that much I know because our agent told me we qualified for an agency credit of $75. Our agent said Flash sale does not get agency credit. Well, if it is not Flash, then we are entitled to the shareholder credit benefit...

I asked her whether fax would be quicker. She said No. I asked that would it be enough time for our Oct 9 sailing which we just purchased Saturday night. She said Yes as she is now still processing for Sept sailings.

I cannot believe that we are now on Sept 20 and Liza is still processing passengers sailing in the upcoming 10 days...

I cannot believe that we are now on Sept 20 and Liza is still processing passengers sailing in the upcoming 10 days...

Maybe they just sent in the request. I've always had my request processed within 24 hours. That includes the one I sent in in early August for a cruise on August 30th.