The Definitive Shareholder Benefit Thread - Read This First!

VibeGuy

This may be old hat but I wasn't able to find our Shareholders' Benefit for an upcoming cruise as an OBC in "My Princess" as was shown in the past. So I sent an email off to Yield Management over the weekend and this afternoon got the following response:

Our system reflects shareholder benefit issued to your booking 28SEP10. Please note we have a new process with benefits you will not longer see OBC on line. Please obtain booking confirmation from your travel agent which identifies benefit as a onboard credit or this email will serve as confirmation that your booking noted below has been issued a $100.00 Carnival shareholder benefit shipboard credit.

Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Strange,I just checked My Princess circle savings account and it does list mine.

Strange,I just checked My Princess circle savings account and it does list mine.

Mine used to show-up but the one I applied for on 9/24 did not and as I had faxed the request I followed up via email just in case something had gone miss ...... thus my reason for inquiring and the Liza's reply. You will note that the reply does referrence this as "a new process". OBC's from FCC's can still be seen online.

Totally off topic, but have you seen the price of CCL stock . . . . nearly $40/share. Thank to reading these boards, we purchase 100 shares in November 2008 at $18.96. Five cruise OBCs and a couple of dividends later and our ROI is pretty good and the stock has more that doubled in value. All I can hope for is for the stock to split and then we can sell 100 shares to pay for a cruise and keep the other 100 for future OBC. Probably won't happen but I can alway dream.;)

Anyway, thanks to my Cruise Critic friends for the Shareholder Benefit info.:)

Mike

Edited by GoBlueCruiser

Totally off topic, but have you seen the price of CCL stock . . . . nearly $40/share. Thank to reading these boards, we purchase 100 shares in November 2008 at $18.96. Five cruise OBCs and a couple of dividends later and our ROI is pretty good and the stock has more that doubled in value. All I can hope for is for the stock to split and then we can sell 100 shares to pay for a cruise and keep the other 100 for future OBC. Probably won't happen but I can alway dream.;)

Mike

We purchased the stock for the same reasons. I have told all my cruising friends about the CCL deal. You get a great performing stock, a decent dividend and a "tax free" dividend in the form of an OBC. What a deal!

Go Blue!

It's prob here somewhere, but can someone save me the time of going through all the emails and tell me if I can expect to hear back? I sent in an email with an attachment yesterday of my stock holdings. I'm paid in full. Thank you.

Doris

It's prob here somewhere, but can someone save me the time of going through all the emails and tell me if I can expect to hear back? I sent in an email with an attachment yesterday of my stock holdings. I'm paid in full. Thank you.

Doris

Liza will probably get back to you within 2 days...3 max

Doris

We emailed all our info to Liza on Sunday, & heard back from her on Tuesday.

Minette

Mike

Long way to go, it was around $58 in 2005

The Shareholder OBC is in effect until next summer. Each year, the board of directors re-authorizes it for another year. There is no guarentee they will continue it, but they have had it for a number of years.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I have to step up and buy some shares........I should have done this a year ago when then were around $17-$18 now they are around $40:(

On the topic of making application for the Shareholder's Benefit, I have previously faxed requests but as I didn't see my most recent requested benefit on My Princess I was prompted to email Yield Management and got the reply that I posted earlier. With this in mind I will now only email future requests as it seems that you do get an acknowledgment which you don't by fax.

I got an email today, which says is my confirmation. I was surprised that she als confirmed my trip in May. I thought we had to be paid in full to get it, but apparently not. So besides the stock being up (as of yesterday) for now 19%, I have a total of $500 tax free OBC coming to me for two cruises. Swwweeett!

Doris

My response took about 3-4 days. Still pretty quick for a Dec cruise. I would expect they are backlogged due to the new Military benefit being processed by the same staff, plus all of the extra interest in part due to this informative thread. Thanks for sharing.

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered, but I did a fast scan of this thread and didn't see it see this posted, but....

What is the exact way you should send a pdf of your current investment statement that shows CCL as part of your portfolio? Is there any reason why you can't show the whole page where CCL is represented or should you block out the other stuff (certainly any SS# or other security items ) before sending it along?

The first time I did this is shortly after purchasing the stock so I faxed a copy of the purchase transaction and that was fine. It's been over a year since purchasing and I can't see how sending that again would be appropriate since I could have sold it since.

Just let me know what exact proof are you sending and I will thank you for that.

Thanks in advance.

I just sent a request in recently and blocked everything except my name, brokerage firm and the line which shows the carnival stock. I scanned it this way into a PDF. I had no problems and was sent confirmation of the credit 2 days after the request.