Help with Early Saver

BluesCruise

Last week, I booked an Early Saver. I got a 4F cabin, because that was the cheapest cabin available at the time. As a solo, I had wanted a 1A cabin, but there were none available. Well, I checked today, and there are 1A cabins available now, for about $250 less than I paid for the 4F with ES. Is there any way I can work the Carnival system to basically downgrade my cabin on the same sailing and not lose my $250 deposit? Could I change to a different sailing to get out of the ES, at a cost of $50, then change back to this sailing in a 1A?

You should be allowed to downgrade for the $50 change fee, might just be the one $50, since you are sailing solo, thats the good thing??!!

I called Carnival and was told that I couldn't downgrade to the 1A. I'm not sure if it was because the Early Saver rate is no longer offered for this sailing, or because the 1A was not offered as an ES category. I figure I'll call again, maybe get a different answer.

I called Carnival and was told that I couldn't downgrade to the 1A. I'm not sure if it was because the Early Saver rate is no longer offered for this sailing, or because the 1A was not offered as an ES category. I figure I'll call again, maybe get a different answer.

I would look myself to see if 1A is offered at the ES rate, but dont know which cruise lol. Can you see on the Carnival site yourself if there is a ES rate on the 1A?? I bet my PVP could change you to the 1A, if the rate was better.

Among other things, the rate reduction must be in the same category....Here, taken from the Early Saver fare rules on their website:

Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents

And a link for the rest of the rules:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx

I would look myself to see if 1A is offered at the ES rate, but dont know which cruise lol. Can you see on the Carnival site yourself if there is a ES rate on the 1A?? I bet my PVP could change you to the 1A, if the rate was better.

The ES rate is no longer available for this sailing because the "5 months out" date has passed.

Last week, I booked an Early Saver. I got a 4F cabin, because that was the cheapest cabin available at the time. As a solo, I had wanted a 1A cabin, but there were none available. Well, I checked today, and there are 1A cabins available now, for about $250 less than I paid for the 4F with ES. Is there any way I can work the Carnival system to basically downgrade my cabin on the same sailing and not lose my $250 deposit? Could I change to a different sailing to get out of the ES, at a cost of $50, then change back to this sailing in a 1A?

In general, when booked via Early Saver, Carnival isn't going to let you downgrade (this isn't to say you might not find a sympathetic or unknowledeable PVP to help you out!). But, under your Early Saver booking you still have until 2 days before sailaway to take advantage of any price reductions. After booking, you can any lower rate that you’re eligible for:

If the Fun Select rate drops, you get that reduced FunSelect Rate.

If you are a Past Guest, if a lower Past Guest rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

If you are 55+, if a lower 55+ rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

If you are a your state Resident, if a lower your state Resident rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

If you are eligible for Military Rate, if a lower Military rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

these are the rates you should be watching since booking and up to two days before sailing.

Your other alternative might be to find an alternative cruise offering CAT1A with single supplement, and "cancel" your Early Saver (losing $50) and book that alternative cruise (you'll have to pay the deposit and apply your ES deposit to the balance, I believe).

ken

The ES rate is no longer available for this sailing because the "5 months out" date has passed.

So there is no reason they cant still change to you a 1A rate, just wouldnt be ES, if its better. thats what I was getting to, but didnt say explicitly. 1A might still be a better rate than what you got, even if its not ES.

Maybe the confusion is they think you only want a ES rate?

So there is no reason they cant still change to you a 1A rate, just wouldnt be ES, if its better. thats what I was getting to, but didnt say explicitly. 1A might still be a better rate than what you got, even if its not ES.

Maybe the confusion is they think you only want a ES rate?

I think I'm locked into the ES 4F. I could upgrade, but they won't let me downgrade. I'll try to get a different answer, but I won't count on it. I'm hoping a 1A will open up on another date and they will let me change to that one for $50.

I think I'm locked into the ES 4F. I could upgrade, but they won't let me downgrade. I'll try to get a different answer, but I won't count on it. I'm hoping a 1A will open up on another date and they will let me change to that one for $50.

I wish you could talk to my PVP, she would let you downgrade for $50. It might take some doing, as you would still be ES, that never goes away. Just over that one would be a different fare.

Can you cancel your current booking....pay the $50 fee. Then call back and re-book and have the $200 applied to your new booking? This might work if you are not in final payment. Just thinking.....

HMMM...that might work. I'll give it a try.

Yes, Bluescruise, I hope that works for you.......

Here's another scenario I am hoping someone may be able to assist with:

I am booked in the E.S. program in a 4A-going solo, so I paid double for the cabin. I may have someone who would like to travel now, so I called Carnival, and asked what the additional costs might be for adding another person (I am still 5 months plus out). I knew it would at minimal be the taxes/fees. I was told that the next available cabins available for E.S. would be moving up to a 4F-that it would be even more money to add another passenger to my 4A, then the $200 plus to go into a 4F. This doesn't make any sense to me. Does this make sense to anyone else? Thanks in advance for any help with this......

Yes, Bluescruise, I hope that works for you.......

Here's another scenario I am hoping someone may be able to assist with:

I am booked in the E.S. program in a 4A-going solo, so I paid double for the cabin. I may have someone who would like to travel now, so I called Carnival, and asked what the additional costs might be for adding another person (I am still 5 months plus out). I knew it would at minimal be the taxes/fees. I was told that the next available cabins available for E.S. would be moving up to a 4F-that it would be even more money to add another passenger to my 4A, then the $200 plus to go into a 4F. This doesn't make any sense to me. Does this make sense to anyone else? Thanks in advance for any help with this......

There is a clause to ES that says no name changes, so Im not sure exactly how they are doing it, but maybe there are reasons they said they could do it if they upgraded you?

Sounds like several people need a good PVP to handle things.

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice..............makes me mad :mad: because I paid for double occupancy-in my mind, I should be able to stay in my 4A and pay for the extra person's taxes/fees, and possibly even $50 as a change fee. I have a good pvp,who goes to bat for me, but even he struck out at this one...Thanks, Firefly...

There is a clause to ES that says no name changes, so Im not sure exactly how they are doing it, but maybe there are reasons they said they could do it if they upgraded you?

Sounds like several people need a good PVP to handle things.

I think the (PVP) is taking the "no name change" policy a bit far on this one. I'm thinking OP needs to call and ask for Supervisor, explain the situation, and see why a 2nd person can't be legitimately added in this situation. ken

I think the (PVP) is taking the "no name change" policy a bit far on this one. I'm thinking OP needs to call and ask for Supervisor, explain the situation, and see why a 2nd person can't be legitimately added in this situation. ken

I called Carnival....and after much talking and waiting on-hold, turns out I can add a 2nd person....., and not for very much more money-it pays to be persistent! Thanks, Ken....Urbanhawk

I called Carnival....and after much talking and waiting on-hold, turns out I can add a 2nd person....., and not for very much more money-it pays to be persistent! Thanks, Ken....Urbanhawk

I was saying the same thing, when I said you need a good PVP to handle it, that it could be done. I guess you took my post wrong.

Good! I think your situation justified adding a 2nd person penalty free, and that (with some "urging") Carnival came through for you! Ken

I understood you (but we think the same)!!!!! ken

You are right, and I guess that was a little sarcastic? saying she just needed someone good to handle it, 'cause some reps dont seem too good.

.... and maybe I need to work on my wording if its coming across as not what I meant.

Archived