Finished my first solo cruise

rmmm

I just finished my first solo cruise on the Zuiderdam and it was great. I was feeling particularly brave and did the Zipline excursion in Ketchikan. It was amazing. Solo cruising is terrific. I had breakfast in bed when I felt like it, took naps when I felt like it, just sat on the Lido with a book when I felt like it. Solo cruising is terrific!

I just finished my first solo cruise on the Zuiderdam and it was great. I was feeling particularly brave and did the Zipline excursion in Ketchikan. It was amazing. Solo cruising is terrific. I had breakfast in bed when I felt like it, took naps when I felt like it, just sat on the Lido with a book when I felt like it. Solo cruising is terrific!

Oh this sounds wonderful, taking my second Solo trip in Oct to the Bahamas, first trip was to Alaska, Hal Amsterdam. I did very well , only one night felt alone, but picked myself back up and experienced the next day of opportunity to explore what I could do as a Solo!

When I like it ,, When I like it,,, and When I liked it.

I'm going on my first cruise next month - a milestone for me - first cruise and first time traveling alone. I'm a bit nervous doing that. I'll be going to Alaska too and have booked the zip line excursion. I'm glad you liked it! I'm so excited and looking forward to next month.

Glad you had such a wonderful time:D going on my 20something

solo cruise in September:)

Yes...its all about you:)...or me;) when it comes to cruising solo!

Snoopy you will love the Zipline. I bought the picture that they took of my so that I would always have proof of my bravery. The two guides that we had were terrific and I really felt like they knew worked to put you at ease.

I was solo on the Zuiderdam May 23-30. :) I kept wavering between the zipline excursion in Ketchikan or Misty Fjords. I ended up booking with Island Wings for the Misty Fjords flightseeing and it was amazing! Next time, I want to do the zipline.

I'm so glad you had a good time. :D I love cruising solo!

Diane

WELCOME to the pack! I love the freedom of doing whatever I want! Glad you had fun and I hope you book your next solo cruise soon.:)

• 1 month later...

Glad to hear that your solo cruise was wonderful!! I love cruising solo because it's all about what you want to do!!

I'm going to get around to ziplining on a cruise one of these days!!

When is the next solo cruise????

I have taken 13 cruises and will be taking my first solo cruise in October. I would like to meet people to go to the shows with and perhaps other activities and want to know how others have found ways of connecting. I am 55 and very social and good looking lol. Thanks for the help

Hi Goodman

On ny first solo cruise, I was at a table of 8 who were all passengers on their own. 6 of us got on like a house on fire and ended up doing many activities and meals together. On other cruises I've got to know other passengers by sharing a table with them at lunch or taking part in a trivia quiz or something like that.

Howeever I don't go on a cruise on my own expecting to make friends. If I do it is a nice bonus, but if I don't i still have a great time, doing excatly what I what to do, when I want to do it, without having to consider whether that will be ok with someone else or not.

Hi Goodman

On ny first solo cruise, I was at a table of 8 who were all passengers on their own. 6 of us got on like a house on fire and ended up doing many activities and meals together. On other cruises I've got to know other passengers by sharing a table with them at lunch or taking part in a trivia quiz or something like that.

Howeever I don't go on a cruise on my own expecting to make friends. If I do it is a nice bonus, but if I don't i still have a great time, doing excatly what I what to do, when I want to do it, without having to consider whether that will be ok with someone else or not.

Amo,, I agree traveling Solo is not about looking for companionship, that would make the trip disappointing if it didn't work out that way, and it's a great possibility that you wont meet up with a companion, just go with an outlook of an experience for yourself, A Solo Trip full of promise. Each day is on you never saw before. My second trip solo will be in Oct, and I plan on working on what I didn't feel comfortible with the last time. The more I traveling Solo the stronger I will become with myself. I'm excited.

Glad to hear you thought SOLO was great. I am leaving in 16 days on my Grand Voyage......feeling very excited.....but a bit nervous too (about the SOLO part!) Thanks for posting and so happy you had a good time.

Karen, I will ask you this again closer to the cruise. If you happen to meet a Marti (Martha) from the St. Louis area and Nancy, tell both of them hi from Tamara!! They sail alot on the longer HAL cruises. I know that Marti has over 700 sailing days and Nancy over 300.

I just took my first cruise ever as a solo back in late August and had a blast. Everyone I ran into on the ship was so friendly, there was plenty to do, while at the same time you had your own schedule, you could where you wanted, nap when and for as long as you wanted, etc. I exchanged a number of emails on the ship and still keep in touch with those I met. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

I have taken 13 cruises and will be taking my first solo cruise in October. I would like to meet people to go to the shows with and perhaps other activities and want to know how others have found ways of connecting. I am 55 and very social and good looking lol. Thanks for the help

Have you checked out the "Roll Call" boards and found the one for your cruise? That is the best way to get to know folks before your sail and then you will already have some friends when you board. You may find some other solo cruisers thru that or you may just get to know people who would be happy to have you join them for activities.

Have you checked out the "Roll Call" boards and found the one for your cruise? That is the best way to get to know folks before your sail and then you will already have some friends when you board. You may find some other solo cruisers thru that or you may just get to know people who would be happy to have you join them for activities.

Roll Call boards is the way I have made many wonderful friends onboard (before boarding). I just went last week on a short cruise with one of those friends and we had a fun time and will do it again in the future. Put yourself out there.

Archived