Taxi Rates Vancouver To Airport

Can someone please let me know approximately what the taxi rates is in Canadian Currency from the Vancouver Cruise Ship Terminal (the one adjacent to the Pan Pacific Hotels) and the Vancouver International Airport?

Thanks.

Keith

Can someone please let me know approximately what the taxi rates is in Canadian Currency from the Vancouver Cruise Ship Terminal (the one adjacent to the Pan Pacific Hotels) and the Vancouver International Airport?

$35-40 for a taxi, $39+tax for a flat rate limo from the airport, or $6.25/ea for the new subway that opens at the beginning of Sept.

I would question the subway for transportation if you have luggage. Will this be workable with 2 or 3 pieces of luggage? Will there be an area to stow luggage like on shuttle buses? I would suspect with more than carry-on bags, the taxi or limo would be the better way to go.

I would question the subway for transportation if you have luggage. Will this be workable with 2 or 3 pieces of luggage? Will there be an area to stow luggage like on shuttle buses? I would suspect with more than carry-on bags, the taxi or limo would be the better way to go.
I do not know yet what the new trains will look like, but if it is anything like what we have now or if it is better, you would be able to take the train easily with luggage - probably with one big 25-27 inch upright and a small carry-on. 2 big ones per person might be a bit much to handle on the train, or the bus, or for almost anywhere for that matter, if you plan on handling them yourselves. If you plan on taking 3 pieces of luggage per person, I would seriously re-evaluate your packing strategy, or like you said, take a limo or taxi. Note though, that taxis nowadays tend to be on the compact to mid-size range so if there are 2 people with 2-3 pieces each, it could be a tight squeeze.

Thanks Orchid, That would be 3 checked size baggage for 2 people plus a carry-on each. Would love to get by with 1+1 each but it's hard to pack for Alaska cruise without that extra bag.....BUT I will be trying. :):)

Happy Sails, Colette

Subway. Workable w/ luggage, because not only is it the subway, it's the shuttle to the long term parking at the airport. All the stations are full roll-on roll-off w/ elevators

I do not know yet what the new trains will look like, but if it is anything like what we have now or if it is better, you would be able to take the train easily with luggage - probably with one big 25-27 inch upright and a small carry-on. 2 big ones per person might be a bit much to handle on the train, or the bus, or for almost anywhere for that matter, if you plan on handling them yourselves. If you plan on taking 3 pieces of luggage per person, I would seriously re-evaluate your packing strategy, or like you said, take a limo or taxi. Note though, that taxis nowadays tend to be on the compact to mid-size range so if there are 2 people with 2-3 pieces each, it could be a tight squeeze.

Living in Vancouver, I've taken a couple of cruises from here. And, I've never NOT taken the Skytrain to the cruise terminal, it's a $40 cab ride, or a one block walk to a bus that takes me to a Skytrain (the new airport line is elevated at the airport, but subway for most of the run into Vancouver). As long as you're not traveling in rush hour, it's no problem what so ever, and it's faster than driving (unless you do so at 3am)

Living in Vancouver, I've taken a couple of cruises from here. And, I've never NOT taken the Skytrain to the cruise terminal, it's a $40 cab ride, or a one block walk to a bus that takes me to a Skytrain (the new airport line is elevated at the airport, but subway for most of the run into Vancouver). As long as you're not traveling in rush hour, it's no problem what so ever, and it's faster than driving (unless you do so at 3am)

I agree that I would take the skytrain over a cab any day for the convenience, although I must admit that I have never taken the skytrain to the Canada Place cruise terminal because I can walk there with my luggage. But I do take the skytrain when going east to Surrey, etc, and I honestly do not think that someone with a lot of luggage will find it easy to take the skytrain from the airport to the terminal. I believe the poster wanted to know if she can take 3 check-sized luggage between 2 people + 1 carry-on for each person on skytrain. I think it might just be a tad difficult to handle on skytrain even when it is not rush hour. She might be better off in a cab or limo, or even on the Airporter.

Archived