new perks for azamara?

amanda blake

celebrity has just announced new perks for past passengers...what about azamara? anyone hear anything?

Hi Amanda !

I'm trying to find out if the new perks apply to Azamara. According to the Email I recieved, it has the Azamara Logo on it as well as Celebrity's, so I believe the new benefits should be applicable to Azamara too.

The other tidbit, is that Azamara may be working on their own loyalty program. Others have reported it may happen later this year. When I hear more, I will post it on this thread. Stay Tuned !

I received the info on Celebrity so called Captain's Club - and they said that it does not apply to Azamara only Celebrity and that it is being "phased into all ships" so it is possible that sailings within the next couple months may or may not have the changes onboard yet.

I did tell the representative that from the announcement it sounded like it was in place everywhere and her response was no but will be.

I too had hoped that some of the new benefits would apply to Azamara as we are sailing the end of the month - but it appears not - however - as we all know this would not be the first time that incorrect info from Captains Club came out - so guess just wait and see.

Andy - hopefully you will find more - thanks for trying

it makes me angry that they use the azamara logo together with the celebrity logo and then say it does not apply to it...that is just very misleading and they should honour it...

we have a cruise at the end of oct..and if we dont cancel, I will petition that they apply the benefits as advertised with the azamara logo..otherwise it is just false advertising...and of course baiting the public....

hate when that happens....

it makes me angry that they use the azamara logo together with the celebrity logo and then say it does not apply to it...that is just very misleading and they should honour it...

we have a cruise at the end of oct..and if we dont cancel, I will petition that they apply the benefits as advertised with the azamara logo..otherwise it is just false advertising...and of course baiting the public....

hate when that happens....

Hi Amanda !

I asked Azamara if they will be offering the new benefits, and it does not seem they are... for the moment. Keep in mind, this is a brand new set of upgrades, just announced today. It would be reasonable to wait a few weeks, and let them get the program rolling at Celebrity. Others have reported testing of some of the new benefits on recent Azamara sailings, so its possible you may find some of them onboard.

To use terms like baiting the public, and false advertising does not make sense. Why not give them a chance to roll out the program on the Celebrity side, before you talk about canceling your Azamara Cruise. Frankly, I would never cancel my sailing for the lack of a concierge lounge, but that's a decision only you can make.

From what I am hearing, it sounds like there might be a new Azamara Loyalty program later this year, with reciprocal benefits to Captains Club Members. That would proabably make the most sense. We will see what develops.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Like Andy, I have also been given information that Azamara is looking to create their own, separate, loyalty program, "hopefully" by the end of the year. But considering that these revisions to Captain's Circle have been over 18 months in the making since they started working on them in earnest, and they still have some significant changes to figure out and implement later this year, we'll see if that actually happens with Azamara.

As for the benefits announced today being applicable, not really sure how some of them could be as stated. For example, the Elite lounge. There's no real good equivalent to Michael's Club on Azamara, unless you're talking Looking Glass Lounge, which could really impact revenue from before-dinner drinks (something that Michaels never really was fully utilized for. During scenic cruising, other passengers wouldn't be too happy with having that venue closed off.

Things like laundry and internet would be easy, and wouldn't be surprised to see it, but for now, I wouldn't expect anything to be implemented on Azamara for the time being. However if they are for my sailing next month, I'll be happily surprised.

We don't sail until Oct/Nov 2010 for 24 days...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about internet and laundry,

which would be VERY beneficial for us!

I had posted previously before the announcement today, that if AZ offered some of my Princess Elite perks

(I'm also Elite on Celebrity) ...specifically those 2 perks ...

I could be wooed even further, since the Pacific Princess is one of my favorite ships!

I must say I am disappointed by this. Azamara could do well to retain loyalty by looking now at which elements they could transfer over now even as an interim gesture (ie the internet access and laundry). On my last Azamara trip I noticed in any event that the "perks" offered were inferior to Celebrity which did surprise me as in all other aspects (and I know this is subjective) I did see it as a superior brand. I fully understand that the lounge is not an easy option for Azamara and that some other benefit might be required there and that this will take time and research to consider

I do hope that the new CEO gives some thought to an interim solution, particuarly, as you say the advertising included the Azamara logo and the club uses the same name and continues to imply on the website that it is one and the same whether you are on Azamara or Celebrity

Folks, I would have to go along with Andy and say that you should give them a chance to see what applies to Azamara directly. I know from a very reliable source who I will not name, that Azamara is working on their own Loyalty program which will be independent of Celebrity's Captain's Club.

I would suggest that we all just back off a step or two and see what happens down the pike...

andy, I would not cancel the cruise based on the lack of peks on the azamara, would just bring with me the email with their logo on it.....a logo should not be used lightly...many think if the logo is there, then it applies and if it doesnt , then it is misleading...

what I had not said, is that due to a very bad flight last june, I have developed a severe fear of flying...after a life time of flying I cant get on a plane...

I am doing everything I can to overcome the fear, but if I make no progress, the cruise in oct will be cancelled...and yes I will be very sad, that my fear will stand in the way of travel...

Keep in mind that Azamara has recently been made a separate entity with its own CEO and it therefore does not necessarily follow that it will have the same loyalty program as Celebrity (as to the logo thing, I think that was simply a webmaster mistake). There seem to be two types of loyalty programs among cruise lines--the perks" type (as in the new Celebrity program) and the discounted/free cruise type (as with Crystal & Seabourn). Personally, I would prefer the discounted/free cruise type of benefits since Azamara, as an upscale line, already offers quite a few perks and significant tier-level discounts would certainly encourage repeat cruising (i.e., 'loyalty").

andy, I would not cancel the cruise based on the lack of peks on the azamara, would just bring with me the email with their logo on it.....a logo should not be used lightly...many think if the logo is there, then it applies and if it doesnt , then it is misleading...

what I had not said, is that due to a very bad flight last june, I have developed a severe fear of flying...after a life time of flying I cant get on a plane...

I am doing everything I can to overcome the fear, but if I make no progress, the cruise in oct will be cancelled...and yes I will be very sad, that my fear will stand in the way of travel...

Hi Amanda !

Thank you so much for clarifying ! I was truly upset at the notion that you were considering cancelling, due to the lack of whatever your favorite new Celebrity benefit may be. I sincerely hope you can work out your personal situation, and sail on Azamara. I am rooting for you !

Amber made an excellent point, that some features such as a dedicated lounge, may prove to be extremely difficult. With that said, with some creative thinking, I'm sure something can be worked out.

I feel it is important to say that both Celebrity and Azamara are well aware of this situation. Though I cannot guarantee it, I have total faith they will come up with a plan that will make everyone happy. We should give them time.

There is only one Captains Club for both Cruise Lines I received an e Mail only this morning outling the new perks broken down by CC Status. I do not recall the letterhead but i am sure ir pertains to both lines

One of the Captain's Club perks disappeared between our second and third Azamara cruises. They used to include 10 minutes free internet time. It was just enough to let people know what a good time we were having.

On the last cruise we were given 20 minutes of "free" internet time IF we bought a package of minutes. I had no need to spend lots of time on the internet.

At 65 cents per minute, the 10 minutes were "worth" exactly $6.50. Not a big perk, but it was a nice touch.

It would be refreshing to see a few truly free ( no purchase required) minutes restored.

It is true that the Princess perks are excellent but IMHO the total cruise experience doesn't match up to Azamara and surely that is what we are all looking for.

I will be cruising with Azamara for the third time at the end of October and it would be great to have some of these new Celebrity Captains Club perks like the free laundry and internet. But I do think that Azamara appreciate past cruisers - they staged a lovely cocktail party for past passengers on my second sailing and they make a huge effort with Cruise Critic guests.

It stands to reason that the new CEO will have his own thoughts about rewarding loyal Azamara passengers - I have no doubt that they will come up with a package very soon that will hopefully please us all

Ciao

Hazel

However useful Princess' perks might be, their value is totally negated by the smoking policies on the ship. Talk to me about Princess after they restrict smoking to the Azamara level or below.

Archived