Cannes

spandance

anyone been to Cannes? we are going in Sept with NCL Gem and I am interested if you can see Cannes on your own without the shore excursions as the prices are very expensive.Is it easy to get to Juan Les Pins as we fancy a beach day.Thanks Shan:rolleyes:

We just returned from the Gem last month. Since Cannes was our last port and last day of the cruise, we opted to skip any heavy duty sightseeing for a day at the beach. There were several within walking distance just to the left from where the ship's tender dropped us off.

We ended up walking around town to pick up a few last souvenirs and gifts and then returned to the beach. DH even hit a street vendor for a sandwich for lunch.

I very relaxing day with a beautiful view!

ETA: the water was a bit chilly for our tastes but very refreshing

What would be a non beach option that could be easily done independent??

We make a calm round trip by coastal bus and train to Grasse and then to Nice...

Just scenic and relaxing and cheap...

1 EUR per bus ride...

I will report end of November when we are back...

Regards,

HeinBloed

We just returned from the Gem last month. Since Cannes was our last port and last day of the cruise, we opted to skip any heavy duty sightseeing for a day at the beach. There were several within walking distance just to the left from where the ship's tender dropped us off.

We ended up walking around town to pick up a few last souvenirs and gifts and then returned to the beach. DH even hit a street vendor for a sandwich for lunch.

Cannes

Thanks for this most helpful

anyone been to Cannes? we are going in Sept with NCL Gem and I am interested if you can see Cannes on your own without the shore excursions as the prices are very expensive.Is it easy to get to Juan Les Pins as we fancy a beach day.Thanks Shan:rolleyes:

Cannes was an absolute delight! I thought it would be like Beverly Hills with snooty people and rude salespeople. It was my favorite port and I can't wait to go back! There is a nice beach when you get off the ship and the water was great. We then walked around the old and winding streets, finding treasures around every corner. The views from the church are amazing and the shops are quaint, run by very nice people who spoke English and it was amazing to see a dress store right next to a fish market! The patisseries smelled heavenly! Have a great time!

I bet you would take the temps in Cannes right now over this sweltering heat we are getting right now! Of course you might be a heat lover :).

Archived