Called about the Nickelodeon RCCL cruise

MnAsMom

Prices are good. only maybe 300 bucks more than we will be spending on the same ship/itinerary for late August. My only hold back is that we sent off for passports ... don't know if they would make it to us in time or not. I mentioned it to the guy on the phone and he told me we only needed birth certificates. WHAT?

I can easily go down to the office again and get copies of my kids birth certificates again (had to send my copies with the passport forms). I have the copy of mine and my husbands. Is this true??? Could we really do a mexican riviera cruise with just birth certificates?

Still debating on whether we should just jump on the Nickelodeon cruise or go with our initial plan with an end of the summer cruise. Glad I didn't actually book the other day.

Has anyone been on the Nick Cruise? Was it just chaos? Are the kids programs different? My kids do love Spongebob and I am sure would love to be surprised with a Nickelodeon cruise (for their 1st cruise). What do you think? Would you do it?

Yep, you only need certified birth certificates on a closed loop cruise (leaving from and arriving in the same US port). Make sure they are certified and not the pretty copy ones you get at the hospital.

The only problem, IF you need to fly back into the states, you will have some issues.

The reviews I saw from the Nick cruise, everyone seemed to have a good time. They certainly do have alot of cool Nick characters and even some of the actors from the Nick shows {wasnt it ICarly last year?}

My big issue with it had always been the incredibly high price. BUT, suddenly they dropped like a rock. So if I lived near either port, you better believe I would be jumping on it with my kids.

So my best advice, yes I would go for it. :D

I think we might do this afterall! We'd be surprising our boys with the Nick cruise (I think my 8 year old will flip out when he finds out)!

So we could get away with the birth certificate and our Drivers Licenses. How does it work if the kids passports don't come in time... I can get a copy of their BC's but they don't have photo ID's. Only thing we have with their names and pics would be disneyland annual passes, LOL! Their passports were mailed on June 27th... that would put them almost exactly at 4 weeks time frame. Ours went out later but they are renewal by mail ... lots of people have said their renewals came in 10 days! I guess we'll just sit and cross our fingers that they come. Is there any way to call someone and try to get it expedited since our travel plans have changed? Is it worth it to try?

Thanks everyone!:)

I think we might do this afterall! We'd be surprising our boys with the Nick cruise (I think my 8 year old will flip out when he finds out)!

So we could get away with the birth certificate and our Drivers Licenses. How does it work if the kids passports don't come in time... I can get a copy of their BC's but they don't have photo ID's. Only thing we have with their names and pics would be disneyland annual passes, LOL! Their passports were mailed on June 27th... that would put them almost exactly at 4 weeks time frame. Ours went out later but they are renewal by mail ... lots of people have said their renewals came in 10 days! I guess we'll just sit and cross our fingers that they come. Is there any way to call someone and try to get it expedited since our travel plans have changed? Is it worth it to try?

Thanks everyone!:)

Yes, get new birth certificates. Kids under 16 do NOT need photo IDs. So they are under 16 right?

All kids need are birth cerificates. No photo ID.

And I would have no idea who you would need to call to get them expedited. Or if you even can.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived