How to ignore?

yotefan37

I was the OP on the other "ignore" thread. I know from experience that if this one goes into the "why and who?" territory it will be deleted as well. :rolleyes:

That would be unfortunate, because the ignore function is a good one. Let's please just leave this thread alone, so the information on "how to" can stay.;)

I find 95% of the people on the boards to be very helpful. There have been a few lately that have to put anyone down that have a different stance then they do. It turns me off this board. I've got 2 on the ignore list because I'm done with them and a third one is going to be added soon :eek::D.

Krazy Kruisers, to try to answer your question -- Using the "Ignore" feature is pretty common on most internet "chat" forums. It is often recommended by moderators of said forums. I use the list (here and elsewhere) simply to make life easier for myself. If I don't see certain posts, I am able to participate on a board without distraction, without getting caught up in drama - it is better than expecting me to have perfect self-control :D. Please understand that I'm speaking ONLY for myself.

I know I saw a thread with directions on ignoring a poster, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know how to do this, I'm in desperate need... :D
Note that if someone quotes a person on your Ignore list you will still see that quoted portion ... unless the person doing the quoting is also on your ignore list!

If you "ignore" someone do all of their posts cease to be shown when you read threads or only the threads that they start?
You get a box for each one that says "This message was hidden because so-and-so is on your ignore list." Try it. It's easily removed again. You can even click on a link in the "hidden" box to remove them from your ignore list instantly.

Must be getting old - I'd forgotten about the Ignore feature. I've just been rolling my eyes when I see certain posts. And no, that person hasn't been on this thread . . . yet.:rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Archived