Printing Set Sail Pass for B2B cruises?

Hi::)

I remember reading how to do this and now I can't find any of the past threads. :rolleyes: We're going on the 4 day Inaugural for the Oasis this December, and then the original 7 day Inaugural after that; and the only one that is showing on my cruises on the RCCL web page is the 7 day. I know I read somewhere how to print off a set sail pass for a B2B, but I can't find the info now. Also, how do you get the first sailing to show up on their web page? I've cruised a lot with RCCL (finally Diamond Plus) but this is our first B2B.:D

Thanks in advance.:p

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

Hi::)

I remember reading how to do this and now I can't find any of the past threads. :rolleyes: We're going on the 4 day Inaugural for the Oasis this December, and then the original 7 day Inaugural after that; and the only one that is showing on my cruises on the RCCL web page is the 7 day. I know I read somewhere how to print off a set sail pass for a B2B, but I can't find the info now. Also, how do you get the first sailing to show up on their web page? I've cruised a lot with RCCL (finally Diamond Plus) but this is our first B2B.:D

Thanks in advance.:p

Hi Anita...........you have to enter both booking numbers to your My Cruises. They will not show up as being linked, but C&A did fix the problem and both booking numbers can now be entered.

Make sure that you are linked by calling the b2b desk.

You only need one SetSail Pass as with the new "consecutive cruise" system everything is transferred from the first cruise to the second including credit card information and photo ID that you took when you received your first SeaPass card.

We just did a b2b in April on Radiance and the changeover was flawless. You get all the necessary information regarding your second cruise the last day of the first cruise.

Enjoy.......once you've done a b2b..........there ain't nothing better.:D

Cruisenfever-

I finally talked to the B2B desk yesterday to link my 2 reservations. After they were done I asked them to resend me my invoices. The first came back to me fine. The second didn't have any financial info on it. Have you ever had this problem? Is this another typical glitch with B2Bs?

Cruisenfever-

I finally talked to the B2B desk yesterday to link my 2 reservations. After they were done I asked them to resend me my invoices. The first came back to me fine. The second didn't have any financial info on it. Have you ever had this problem? Is this another typical glitch with B2Bs?

Since we book with a TA, we have always received a separate Confirmation Invoice from RCI for each cruises at the same time.

If you booked directly with RCI, then I really can't answer your question. I would call them back again and tell them. It's possible it is a glitch in their system. Look how long it took them to fix the problem of entering both booking numbers when doing a b2b.

Since we book with a TA, we have always received a separate Confirmation Invoice from RCI for each cruises at the same time.

If you booked directly with RCI, then I really can't answer your question. I would call them back again and tell them. It's possible it is a glitch in their system. Look how long it took them to fix the problem of entering both booking numbers when doing a b2b.

Yeah, I booked direct. Was on the phone with them a few times yesterday and no one could explain why that was happening on the 2nd invoice.

Hi Patti,:):)

We just booked the second leg of a back to back a couple of days ago. We had the first leg booked and paid for some time. (Saw the same cabin available for the second leg and could not resist) :D:D:D

Called Crown and Anchor (I normally book myself on line) but since this was a back to back I wanted to have the two reservations linked. They transferred me to the back to back department (now called consecutive cruises) and completed the booking, I was then transferred back to Crown and Anchor to get the balcony discount applied -- well, when I got the invoice, there were no amounts anywhere in sight, nothing, zip. I was very puzzled, I wanted to verify that everything was there (pre-paid gratuities, insurance, zero balance, etc.) I thought it was an oversight, and maybe the first page was left out, so I called back to request they email the envoice again, which they did, right away. - - Well, the invoice, again did not show any amounts.

Yesterday I called Crown & Anchor again and this time I asked to be transferred to the back to back department (now called consecutive cruises, or something like that). They were very polite in explaining that in back to back cruises the customer copy does not show amounts. It just didn't seem right to me so I said I needed something to check against credit card changes. She put me on hold for some time, and then transferred me to another very polite gal. She verified the previous information but she added she could send me an email with all the details. I said that would be great.

I got the email very promptly (it was from the resolutions department) and everything was there, I was very happy, so right away I replied thanking her for her great help.

So my question is: Is this the way it always happens? If this is the case the next time I will book each leg separately as individual cruises and have them linked after final payment.

Sorry for the long story and thank you so much!

So my question is: Is this the way it always happens? If this is the case the next time I will book each leg separately as individual cruises and have them linked after final payment.

This was my experience yesterday. Only I was never able to talk to someone that rectified the situation. Are you saying that you spoke to someone in the Resolutions Dept to get the 2nd leg invoice sent to you?

Aw here is Patti & Jim to the rescue again on information. I would love to set up our next Cruise as a b2b, 7 day Med followed by a TA. Right now only one fitting that is the Voyager out of Barcelona.

Congratulations on your new Grandaughter.

Gay

Hi Gay, how are you. Thanks for the good wishes we are very excited. Hopefully we'll add another cruiser to the family.

Hi Patti,:):)

Sorry for the long story and thank you so much!

Hi Maria.............you really got to talk to quite a few people at RCI. Glad that they straightened it out for you. And yes, it is called a "consecutive cruise" now..........though I'm surprised the folks at RCI knew that. The last time our TA called the b2b desk they had no idea what she was talking about when she mentioned consecutive cruise.:rolleyes:

When doing a b2b (consecutive cruise) you must book with the b2b desk at the time of booking. I would think that linking them at the time of booking would save you quite a bit of grief if you waited until after final payment.

Also, from what I understand, taxes and fees are calculated differently when doing a b2b.......I believe they are less........another reason to book both cruises together.

I honestly think that the new consecutive cruise system still has some glitches in it as it was just implemented earlier this year............and we all know how long it takes RCI to fix glitches!:D

This was my experience yesterday. Only I was never able to talk to someone that rectified the situation. Are you saying that you spoke to someone in the Resolutions Dept to get the 2nd leg invoice sent to you?

Hi,

I was not aware I was talking to the resolution department. At the time, I thought the second person I talked to was in the B2B department, but when I got the email, it came from the resolutions department. It was not an invoice per se, but an itemized listing of the charges.

Hi,

I was not aware I was talking to the resolution department. At the time, I thought the second person I talked to was in the B2B department, but when I got the email, it came from the resolutions department. It was not an invoice per se, but an itemized listing of the charges.

I have talked to at least a dozen people in the B2B department of the vacation planners since that was where I booked this one. No one seems to know why the 2nd week will not print out. They even email the reservation to themselves to see what I am talking about. So I am still waiting. I know they are linked, they show up fine, but when they try to email them, I only get the 1st week and nothing for the 2nd and the first week only shows the amount owed for that week and only shows that week's itinerary.

They are stumped and waiting on the tech guys (oh no:eek:) to figure out what the problem is.

I've never talked to the B2B department because of the horror stories I've heard.

Just treat them as 2 separate cruises with the setsail and other details.

Never had any kind of problem. :confused:

They've sent me invoices showing the charges and credits for each leg and they were always correct.

The setsail pass for the second leg was never needed, but alway carried!

I have talked to at least a dozen people in the B2B department of the vacation planners since that was where I booked this one. No one seems to know why the 2nd week will not print out. They even email the reservation to themselves to see what I am talking about. So I am still waiting. I know they are linked, they show up fine, but when they try to email them, I only get the 1st week and nothing for the 2nd and the first week only shows the amount owed for that week and only shows that week's itinerary.

They are stumped and waiting on the tech guys (oh no:eek:) to figure out what the problem is.

Hey, don't complain. If you don't have an invoice you don't have to pay!:D

I've never talked to the B2B department because of the horror stories I've heard.

Just treat them as 2 separate cruises with the setsail and other details.

Never had any kind of problem. :confused:

They've sent me invoices showing the charges and credits for each leg and they were always correct.

The setsail pass for the second leg was never needed, but alway carried!

I don't know if you have done a b2b since it was changed to being a consecutive cruise, but in order to take advantage of the smooth transition from the first cruise to the second, you really need to have them linked. The ship needs to know who is staying on board and who is not.

Your fees and taxes are slightly less, from what I have been told, when they are linked together. Everything is transferred from one cruise to the next from cc info to photo ID.

You do not have to go through C&I after the end of the first cruise because you are in transit.

We've done many b2b's, have never had a problem with booking through the b2b desk. Our most recent was last April and it was 29 days starting in Buenos Aries and ending in San Diego. Turnaround day was in Valparaiso and it was the smoothest transition we have ever experienced.

Patti we are fine here in So Calif, a bit on the warm side, but normal for our area this time of year, since we live in the lower desert. Interested in reading the tips and information each have encountered with b2b's so I know what to expect. We generally book thru our local TA. If I can find some extra $$ I just might change our TA plans & go back to the Voyager out of Barcelona, rather then Navigator out of Rome, to get the b2b. This won't be until fall of 2011 following our CC Calif Cruise in April 2011.

Gay

Hi Anita...........you have to enter both booking numbers to your My Cruises. They will not show up as being linked, but C&A did fix the problem and both booking numbers can now be entered.

Make sure that you are linked by calling the b2b desk.

You only need one SetSail Pass as with the new "consecutive cruise" system everything is transferred from the first cruise to the second including credit card information and photo ID that you took when you received your first SeaPass card.

We just did a b2b in April on Radiance and the changeover was flawless. You get all the necessary information regarding your second cruise the last day of the first cruise.

Enjoy.......once you've done a b2b..........there ain't nothing better.:D

Hi Patti, thanks for the new information. We are doing another B2B next month. We love doing these consecutive cruises, you fly all that way, so it makes it worth while!!:D

Hi, we booked them using the B2B booking dept. and just got both documents in the mail. Separate envelopes but they came the same day!!:)

Haven't tried printing off the Sea Passes yet though. Maybe we better do that soon, if there are problems some are having. It has been super easy on board, we just get our new Sea Pass card the day before we get to the disembarking port. They give you a notice in your cabin of time and place and you pick the new one up.

The best part is staying on board when others have to go home.......:D

Patti: Is it essential to talk to B2B desk if you booked both legs with RCCL with the same agent same time? They sent my docs but the first leg isn't mentioned, just the second one. Is this normal? I online checked in and did both legs, but if they are not officially linked....would this mean we'd have to get off ship and go through customs and wouldn't get our second leg seapasses the night before embarkation of the first leg? I don't want any gliches on our first B2B:eek: We were told by the agent we wouldn't have to disembark...but you know how that is...the hand, the foot...dah dah dah.:rolleyes:

Do you have to complete the info for both weeks or will just doing one week be sufficient?

Yes, complete the info for both weeks, but you only need to print out the first one.

When we did our b2b this past April, I went to print off both SetSail Passes. The first one came out normal, the second one came out on just half a page with no essential information included. Our TA checked with RCI and that's when we were told only the first SetSail Pass is necessary.

If you plan on using a different credit card for the second cruise, it's just a matter of going to Guest Relations and having that information changed.

Patti: Is it essential to talk to B2B desk if you booked both legs with RCCL with the same agent same time? They sent my docs but the first leg isn't mentioned, just the second one. Is this normal? I online checked in and did both legs, but if they are not officially linked....would this mean we'd have to get off ship and go through customs and wouldn't get our second leg seapasses the night before embarkation of the first leg? I don't want any gliches on our first B2B:eek: We were told by the agent we wouldn't have to disembark...but you know how that is...the hand, the foot...dah dah dah.:rolleyes:

Yes, they must be linked, or you will have to disembark the ship and then re-check in on the pier. The ship will have no idea that you are doing a consecutive cruise. I don't know if, once you are on the ship for your first cruise, if they can handle linking your second cruise at that time.

I would call RCI and ask for the b2b desk and make sure that they are linked. Sometimes we've received our second set of docs before our first..........so that's not unusual.

Another thing to remember is that since you are doing a b2b you are considered "in-transit" after the first cruise is over so you do not have to fill out the Customs forms. You fill it out at the end of the second cruise.

Yes, complete the info for both weeks, but you only need to print out the first one.

When we did our b2b this past April, I went to print off both SetSail Passes. The first one came out normal, the second one came out on just half a page with no essential information included. Our TA checked with RCI and that's when we were told only the first SetSail Pass is necessary.

If you plan on using a different credit card for the second cruise, it's just a matter of going to Guest Relations and having that information changed.

Thanks - there is no such thing as a B2B desk in England so thought I would check here!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Gay, how are you. Thanks for the good wishes we are very excited. Hopefully we'll add another cruiser to the family.

Hi Maria.............you really got to talk to quite a few people at RCI. Glad that they straightened it out for you. And yes, it is called a "consecutive cruise" now..........though I'm surprised the folks at RCI knew that. The last time our TA called the b2b desk they had no idea what she was talking about when she mentioned consecutive cruise.:rolleyes:

When doing a b2b (consecutive cruise) you must book with the b2b desk at the time of booking. I would think that linking them at the time of booking would save you quite a bit of grief if you waited until after final payment.

Also, from what I understand, taxes and fees are calculated differently when doing a b2b.......I believe they are less........another reason to book both cruises together.

I honestly think that the new consecutive cruise system still has some glitches in it as it was just implemented earlier this year............and we all know how long it takes RCI to fix glitches!:D

Patti-

We've not been able to find anyone willing to say officially that there are differences in the taxes/fees for B2B's from when the same cruises are booked without being linked. When we do a fake reservation on the RCCL website for each of our upcoming Navigator cruises separately (not linked), the total price comes out the same as our linked reservation. Our TA tells us that the 2nd cruise (added a month after the first booking) was set up through the CC desk as a linked cruise.

Are you able to give me some more info about the difference/reduction in the taxes and fees that would let us look at whether everything is set up the best way?

Thanks

-Jacki

Hi:

I'm the "OP" who started this thread. Our B2B on the Oasis this year for the Inaugural cruises, is the first cruise that we are Diamond Plus. They sent out a package for D+ two months ago; haven't received anything in the mail yet. I'm a little confused over the Diamond Lounge vs. the CL.

Will we be able to use both? I loved the Diamond Lounge on the Freedom and the two times we've been on the Independence of the Seas. They had the big windows, with wonderful views for the sunset sailing. Will we be assigned only to the CL? or will we be able to access both lounges, the CL and Diamond? I think I'm going to prefer the Diamond Lounge, but I didn't know if they would say "no, you have to go the CL". I don't think that lounge would have the big windows that the Diamond Lounges have and I don't think we would like it as much. To me, it makes sense to be able to access both; but I don't know.

What opinions do you have on this? Looking forward to our first B2B and also our first Inaugural Cruise on the Oasis this year.

PS I also tried using a savings certificate for our IOS cruise next January, but was told that since we booked that cruise this year, that we could only use our Diamond Discount. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that someone used both, but maybe they originally booked last year before the new rules came about re: combining benefits. They keep sending me these savings certificate, but they are of no use to us, as we always use our Diamond Discount for our balcony cabins.

thanks......

Patti-

We've not been able to find anyone willing to say officially that there are differences in the taxes/fees for B2B's from when the same cruises are booked without being linked. When we do a fake reservation on the RCCL website for each of our upcoming Navigator cruises separately (not linked), the total price comes out the same as our linked reservation. Our TA tells us that the 2nd cruise (added a month after the first booking) was set up through the CC desk as a linked cruise.

Are you able to give me some more info about the difference/reduction in the taxes and fees that would let us look at whether everything is set up the best way?

Thanks

-Jacki

Jacki

Of course I am not Patti and not an expert but I can tell you what happened to us. Last year we booked a transatlantic cruise. When I got on the roll call board I discovered several people were taking the previous cruise to Scandinavia, doing a b2b. Well we decided to do it also and booked the Scandinavia cruise. When our TA sent our invoices, there was a $14.55 tax reduction credit for each of us, so we saved all of $29.10.

Dennis

Archived