Quick Question RE: OBC and Tips

Jamrenjer

Hello everyone,

We have a quick question. This will be our first time on Carnival. On other lines it was noted that on board credit could not be used for tips. However, on several occasions since they were automatically deducted- and the tips came from the OBC.

Does anyone know about Carnival-- or had any experiences?? :confused: Going on a short 4 nighter-- and have $150 OBC.

Thank you for your help.

Wow! You nice Carnival people are FAST!! :)Thank you so much for the speedy reply! I thought it was so-- but just wondered-- I didnt want to count on it-- and not use the OBC-- and then it just would get wasted.

Thank you again!

On our last Carnival cruise they had different OBC options, depending upon your deal, some could be used for anything, even a cash refund (check) at the end of the cruise, some are limited and not allowed for tips and gambling, encouraging you to buy goods on the ship, shore excursions, liqour and special dining.

I guess then-- more than likely we should be able to use the OBC for the tips.... (I agree about the kids being more work! I always wondered why NCL would cut the kids tips in 1/2-- as they are definitely/usually a whole lot more work!:D) Thanks again.

Archived