Dumb question about upgrade fairy

If I print out all my documents with my current room number, does that mean less of a chance of getting an upgrade? Just got the notice to print out my documents but notice that there are alot of suites available- including RFS, OS, and GS. If you are a betting person and being 49 days out- do you think the odds are in my favor?:confused:

Kathy

Printing it out doesn't make a difference. :)

I can tell you what happened on our last RCCL cruise with regards to upgrades. On my roll call, about 40 days out, I saw pretty much the same cabins that you are mentioning now. Then all of a sudden, about 30 days out, the diamond plus cruisers (as it's suppose to work) got calls for upgrades, so they were upgraded. And then it seemed like RCCL moved all of them up...and then resold the lower inventory (like the insides at a $349 GTY price).

So printing won't make a difference.

Now, if you booked a GTY, then there is sometimes room for upgrades. Especially if you booked a lower GTY, more room to move up. ;)

Good luck! I hope the upgrade fairy blesses you! :D

It shouldn't matter. We got an upgrade on Adventure a while back & didn't find out until we couldn't open the door with our Sea Pass - tried all 4 of them & nothing. Went to Guest relations & they told us we were trying the wrong cabin & had been upgraded to a GS! It was quite a pleasant surprise.

I got an upgrade after I had printed off our set sail passes, and after our docs had arrived by post - so no, it seems to make no difference. I reprinted the set sail passes, which now show the new cabin number, and a few days later new docs and luggage labels arrived by post.

Interesting post...I just inquired on here if they are still offering any upgrades at the pier. I know our sailing is also not full.

I do believe the upgrade fairy does still exist. I don't ever count on it for myself but I am always happy when I read others get upgraded. I'm just happy to be ON the ship...anything else is just a bonus. :)

The upgrade fairy is alive & well :D - We book Explorer 4 weeks out with an E-2 Gty & lo & behold, when the room assignments were done a week later, we were given JS 1640 (our first JS) !! Can't wait --- we leave Aug 1:)

It shouldn't matter. We got an upgrade on Adventure a while back & didn't find out until we couldn't open the door with our Sea Pass - tried all 4 of them & nothing. Went to Guest relations & they told us we were trying the wrong cabin & had been upgraded to a GS! It was quite a pleasant surprise.

Same thing happened to us, we checked the dining table after check in but did not think to check the cabin number and the Sea Pass did not work in the cabin door.Then the cabin steward arrived with someones luggage with our cabin number written on the label we initially thought that there had been a double allocation but what a nice surprise when we realised we had been upgraded

Had a weird upgrade experience last year on the Mariner. Was upgraded between check in at the port and security to get onto the ship, apparently!! As such we were unable to got onto the ship until we went back to the port check in and redid our keys (OV to Balcony). Then we had problems with our keys fro the next three days but they did made it right.

CB

Archived