All ships too similar

septrack

As a satisfied Princess customer for many years now, I must say a change of decor would be nice. While many other lines attempt to make their ships decor different from ship to ship, Princess seems to revel in their basic style.

I am not talking about ships physical design, but decor. Am I the only one who would love to see something other than twinkling lights in every dining location? I haven't sailed RCCL in many years but I always appreciated the different cultures their vision class ships spotlighted, with the indian theme on one, the roman on another etc.. A little originality would be appreciated on the next class of Princess ships.

Since I haven't sailed Princess smaller ships, and since they were originally designed by a different line, I assume they are cosmetically different from the larger ships. Maybe someone could educate me on this! Thought I would throw the subject out for discussion!

Thanks!

As a satisfied Princess customer for many years now, I must say a change of decor would be nice. While many other lines attempt to make their ships decor different from ship to ship, Princess seems to revel in their basic style.

I am not talking about ships physical design, but decor. Am I the only one who would love to see something other than twinkling lights in every dining location? I haven't sailed RCCL in many years but I always appreciated the different cultures their vision class ships spotlighted, with the indian theme on one, the roman on another etc.. A little originality would be appreciated on the next class of Princess ships.

Since I haven't sailed Princess smaller ships, and since they were originally designed by a different line, I assume they are cosmetically different from the larger ships. Maybe someone could educate me on this! Thought I would throw the subject out for discussion!

Thanks!

It is a real treat to have the different decor on the three little ships. It's very "clubby", nice dark woods, and one of those iron staircases to go to the reception area. The Grill (steakhouse) and Italian Restaurnt (Sabatini's) are both two seperate rooms with nice big windows. Cabin decor is totally different also, even the inside rooms have a little love seat.

The former "R" ships' design is by Princess but is completely different from the Grand-class ships. To give you an idea of what it's like, check out John Heald's article: http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/06/25/pacific-princessa-day-onboard-a-5-star-country-inn/

Here are photos of my cabin (a basic oceanview cabin on deck 4) on the Royal Princess:

RoyalCabin1.jpg.ba86f713a4b8b7cbb6a7349c6814ebcd.jpg

RoyalCabin2.jpg.114e70bfe48801aeb9cfff1779136803.jpg

I hear you!!! While I am certainly a Princess loyalist, I would love to see a different style of ship. Yes, I know the R-class ships are different. Those were the ships we sailed until they went out of business. That's how we came to Princess!!

As much as I "feel at home" on Princess, I would love to have a different experience without having to leave the line!!

I appreciated the change in decor on the Tahitian Princess last year. There is scope to vary the different public areas on the larger ships, but as I have only experienced two Princess liners, I'm not in a position to compare without more knowledge. However, from the photographs, the central lobbies do look similar.

Good thread.

Anna

Pam, thanks for the photos -- I'm on that very deck in just three weeks (YIKES! Must go buy shoes!). Can I ask what cabin number you had, and if you have any cautions about where on that deck to be or not to be -- there are still some cabins open in that category so I can probably still move if I find out I'm across from an unmarked service elevator or the ship's garbage room or something.

I agree. I would love it if Princess, why keeping it classy, could come up with new design ideas for the public areas on its ships. It seems that once you have sailed a Grand class ship your pretty much have seem it all.

I totally agree. It seems that all of the grand class ships have pretty much the same decor. One thing that stands out in my mind is the huge glass ceiling decor in the atrium. All same on the Crown, Emerald, and probably the Ruby. We sail her in the fall for the first time.

Archived