Muster Station Location

raytownlady

My mom will be travelling with us and she has limited mobility and will be using her motorized scooter while on the Valor. I'd like to know if Carnival has special stations for these types of situations. Obviously she wouldn't be able to use the stairs and usually the elevators are off limits during the drills so making it to and back from one of the outside decks would be a challenge. Not sure it maters or not but we will be travelling in a Cat 11 suite on the Empress deck.

As you know your regular muster station location is on the back of your door. Have her head there with you, and they will probably pull you out of line on some ships to sit in a lounge or not have to go outside. On Ecstasy they had to climb a staircase and we just sat where we had originally gathered and waited for them to come back.

We didnt have to go all the way to the muster station, but they dont have a muster station in particular just for HC.

My parents are in their 80's and walk with canes. They have always been able to use the elevators. And on the last cruise they were sent to a lounge instead of outside in the sun.

Next day you would have found Mom on the on the slide, walking the track and lifting weights. But she didnt mention any of that when she got her drill perks. :)

You will not be the first person to be traveling with someone in a scootchair. We saw a lot of them on our second cruise. So I am sure the staff can and will help you out. Simply ask, once you get on board of the stewards or at the pursers desk. Things like that may differ a little from the different ships.

Just got off the Pride. I have a son with special needs. We checked in at guest services as soon as we boarded and we went to a place called Sunset Garden. It was quiet and there were older people there too who couldn't go to the regular muster.

My mom will be travelling with us and she has limited mobility and will be using her motorized scooter while on the Valor. I'd like to know if Carnival has special stations for these types of situations. Obviously she wouldn't be able to use the stairs and usually the elevators are off limits during the drills so making it to and back from one of the outside decks would be a challenge. Not sure it maters or not but we will be travelling in a Cat 11 suite on the Empress deck.

Call Carnival and let them know. They have alternate arrangements for people in wheelchairs or other challenges.....

Do not even worry a bit. I have brace and scooter. I went to my nearest elevator. They let you on it and tell you what lounge to report to with chairs to sit in. Carnival is very accomodating to handicapped.There will even be handicapped reserved tables in Lido to eat at.

Archived