Roommate Help

My son (26) is interested on going on a cruise next Aug. (2010) to Finland, Sweden etc. Does anyone know if RCCL will try to put singles together if they want. He would have to pay either 150-200% if he has the room alone and would be interested in a roommate to save money. Has anyone every had any luck with this problem before? Thanks

My son (26) is interested on going on a cruise next Aug. (2010) to Finland, Sweden etc. Does anyone know if RCCL will try to put singles together if they want. He would have to pay either 150-200% if he has the room alone and would be interested in a roommate to save money. Has anyone every had any luck with this problem before? Thanks

No, they will not do that. Some other cruiseline (can't remember which one) did it at some point in the past, but I believe they have discontinued it as well.

I made some friends here on Cruise Critic, and have cruised with one of them several times to save money.

On one of my trips, a woman in our group found a travelling buddy on Craigslist that she shared her cabin with.

RCCL will not do that and I would ot recommend taking a trip with a stranger. Best if he can find a friend, family member, neighbor, classmate or someone known in some other way to go along. A year is a long time and I hope he finds someone to share the cabin and enjoy the cruise without paying top dollars in single supplement.

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet (Mark Twain). It's a great idea. Check on the single cruisers board. Also, have your son check his network (as on Facebook)...chances are someone will know someone who's interested in going.

Strangers are also sometimes criminals and crazies (Ambrosia64) ;)

It's one thing to meet strangers out and about and become friends, but locked in a small room with them for a week or more before you know them could cause all sorts of problems. No different than meeting someone at sail away and invite them to stay in your cabin for the cruise :eek:

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet (Mark Twain). It's a great idea. Check on the single cruisers board. Also, have your son check his network (as on Facebook)...chances are someone will know someone who's interested in going.

Archived