Galveston-When will we ever have something besides Conquest and Ecstasy?!

Is it really asking that much for cruise lines to put a little more variety in Galveston? Or even utilize Houston? I mean seriously, Ecstasy has been there for at least 4 years and Conquest just about as long. It gets a little boring going on them over and over again and now that Voyager is finally here, we will be going on it, but with the jobs we have it is nearly impossible to do anything but the summer, so Voyager will probably be a one time thing! I know the reason Royal Caribbean pulled the ships from year round in Galveston is because they couldn't fill them up but mabye they should give it a try again. With the economy the way it is, how many people are really going to fly to Europe when they could spend a TON less and fly to Houston? ... They should think about it, if other cruise lines can't add a ship there, at least Carnival should switch up their ships before they lose more business (We switched to Royal Caribbean).

mostly the ships. it's a little hard to get much variation in 4, 5, or 7 days from Galveston, and at least Carnival has started doing that Bahamas thing now. We usually only cruise once a year and we havent been to Roatan or Costa Maya yet, we are just doing Voyager because we are tired of the Carnival's from Galveston. We aren't planning to do much in the ports, we are trying to save as much money as possible.

I know what you mean. I am not a beach/drinking person and nothing from Galveston goes anywhere else but beaches. I would so like to NOT fly! They discuss this a lot on the board for Departure Ports/Gulf Coast. They are building that new cruise port out of Houston. I am hoping new ships will come in there eventually.

Just curious. Is it the ships or the itineraries? We took Voyager

this past January and would not do that itinerary again. However,

we would go on Voyager again if they got a new group of ports.

It's the itineraries. We live in Tx and don't like any of the ports on the Galveston departures.

Current rumor is that the new Carnival ship "Magic" will be ported there, and that it can go a bit faster so new itin.'s from Galveston may be added (US Virgin Isles?).

Just a rumor, rumor also has it the announcement will be within a couple of weeks.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Seeing as Carnival has left ships there when others have not, it seems odd to complain that they are not switching ships up ... at least you have something and Carnival seems to be giving the area more consideration that Royal.

Seeing as Carnival has left ships there when others have not, it seems odd to complain that they are not switching ships up ... at least you have something and Carnival seems to be giving the area more consideration that Royal.

True, and I'll be sailing Royal out of there in January because I like the variety. I'm the original cruise"ho", I cruise around with all the lines!;)

Is it really asking that much for cruise lines to put a little more variety in Galveston? Or even utilize Houston? I mean seriously, Ecstasy has been there for at least 4 years and Conquest just about as long. It gets a little boring going on them over and over again and now that Voyager is finally here, we will be going on it, but with the jobs we have it is nearly impossible to do anything but the summer, so Voyager will probably be a one time thing! I know the reason Royal Caribbean pulled the ships from year round in Galveston is because they couldn't fill them up but mabye they should give it a try again. With the economy the way it is, how many people are really going to fly to Europe when they could spend a TON less and fly to Houston? ... They should think about it, if other cruise lines can't add a ship there, at least Carnival should switch up their ships before they lose more business (We switched to Royal Caribbean).

So where do you live? In Phoenix, we fly to every port we go to.

So we do: Alaska, Los Angeles, San Juan, and now Rome. (oh yes, and Galveston)

So where do you live? In Phoenix, we fly to every port we go to.

So we do: Alaska, Los Angeles, San Juan, and now Rome. (oh yes, and Galveston)

We live about 2 hours away from Galveston, it's not like we can't fly to other places, we have before, but the price difference in flying anywhere and not paying for airfare makes a really big difference.

It would be really great if Princess, NCL or Celebrity would come and use the Houston cruise terminal. It was completed last year and seems to be quite nice. Certainly better than the minimally converted warehouses on a wharf that Galveston uses and it is closer to the two airports. However we seem to be the forgotten child. We can keep hoping. It certainly is nicer not to have to fly somewhere with the current federal regulations and extra charges for baggage, etc.

Archived