What's your favorite US departure port?

What's your Favorite US Departure Port?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Favorite US Departure Port?

My Favourite was New Orleans on April 2005 on Grandeur!

Wish they would bring back New Orleans, it was the best!

I agree. I just loved NOLA & wish they would bring an RC ship back to that port. Sailing down the Mississippi in the evening with storm clouds in the distance, the light show in the clouds due to the lightning. People waving from the river bank as we sail by. I MISS that port!

Miami would be my next choice.

Mine still has to be San Francisco. The terminal is old, the parking and traffic stink, but its 30 minutes from my house :D

Plus, there is nothing like going out and returning back in through the Golden Gate :cool:

Opps...YES, San Francisco would be second...sorry Miami:rolleyes:

I voted for Miami......they really have their stuff together there and are always improving things. It's easy to get to the port from either the airport or any of the hotels in the greater Miami area.

I also like Port Canaveral.....not as convenient but smaller and fairly efficient.

Before I give the 2:50 am update, (Yes, I'm going to bed soon!), I didn't include San Francisco because Royal Caribbean dosn't depart from there! (And I've also mentioned that I've filled up my 14 options)

Port Canaveral is still in the lead by far! Miami is still in 2nd place! Fort Lauderdale is still in third, but threatened by Galveston & Bayonne. (Currently 4th & 5th) Ft. Lauderdale, Galveston, & Bayonne are REALLY close in the votes so far! San Juan is 6th, Baltimore is 7th, 8th goes to San Diego, Tampa is in 9th, Norfolk & Los Angeles are tied for 10th, Seattle is 11th, In 12th is Boston, and last place goes to Seward!

Even though I liked all of them I have done so far, I voted Miami. It is something about the highway and the people waving and then seeing the beach with hundreds of people on it.

Bayonne, NJ because it's so easy -- if only they could get you on board without the little ride on the bus -- so annoying! Vicki:)

Not so easy if you live in Queens or on Long Island. You have a choice of going through Manhattan or over the V-N Bridge. Not much fun.

I like New Orleans and San Francisco:) NCL has cruises going out of New Orleans why RCI quit that port is beyond me. I really enjoyed sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge listening to Tony singing "I left my heart in San Francisco. I'll take any port as long as I'm cruising;)

Carol

So far I've only cruised out of Fort Lauderdale, and loved the ease of getting from airport to cruiseport. Even this next trip, where we're meeting family from all over the country and spending a pre-cruise night in a hotel, should be a fairly painless transition.

I'd love to try Baltimore or Norfolk someday since they're an easy drive from here, but the itineraries don't thrill me. I'm not a Bermuda person, and I'd much rather do the Southern or Western Caribbean than the Eastern. Maybe some day.

I do think San Diego would be super-easy for me one day though- my grandparents live right across the bay on Coronado, so I could be a quick ferry ride away!

Archived